Transportation to airport

Emese

Hello,

Is anyone know some reputable airport transportation services to Dulles Airport, IAD international? I found ShuttleWizard online. Is anyone tried that before?

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Last edited:

dgates80

Land of the lost
Either get someone to drop you or go with a one way car rental. Car rental runs about $75 with gas.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
There are several Uber drivers locally that make the airport runs for reasonable prices.

BernieP

Resident PIA
There are several Uber drivers locally that make the airport runs for reasonable prices.
That's good to know, mostly I just drive my own car and park to all three airports. I've not found a decent, reliable service in 20 years other than me.

Goldenhawk

If you have a choice, DCA is much much closer than IAD. BWI is not quite as close but still much better than IAD.

With that said, I agree with Bernie. You are better off driving it yourself.

BernieP

Resident PIA
If you have a choice, DCA is much much closer than IAD. BWI is not quite as close but still much better than IAD.

With that said, I agree with Bernie. You are better off driving it yourself.

The problem is you can't always pick your airport, sometimes the airlines and your destination do it for you.

officeguy

A couple of hotels around Dulles offer off-airport parking that is somewhat cheaper than the MWAA economy lots ($7/day seems to be the going rate vs. $10 for the on-airport lot). The hotel shuttle drops and picks you at the terminal. Some additional planning involved, for a longer trip (1-2weeks), it can be worth it. Unless you don't have a car you can leave at the airport, driving yourself beats any kind of shuttle or Uber most of the time.

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA
I don't know where you are located. I am in Calvert. My mother (traveling alone)used Smart Ride when she would visit from Texas. She has passed now, and that was 10 years ago, but they were really nice, and dependable at that time.

http://www.smartrideinc.com/mainfiles/

Last edited: