Driving out of Washington DC

catlingirl

Hi I will be going to the Warner Theater soon and I was wondering what is a good way out of DC? I really don't want to take 9th street. What's an alternate route out of the city? Thanks for any help. I never drive down there and that is why I am asking. And yes i used google maps etc.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Hi I will be going to the Warner Theater soon and I was wondering what is a good way out of DC? I really don't want to take 9th street. What's an alternate route out of the city? Thanks for any help. I never drive down there and that is why I am asking. And yes i used google maps etc.

The really best way is 9th St to 395 to 695 to 295 to 495..........to Southern Maryland via Interstate "5"

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Just take South Capital Street over the Douglas bridge stay left on to Suitland Parkway then all the way to RT 4 and continue south. Easy.

TWL

Kernel panic: Aiee.......
I find S. Capital/MD210 to MD228 and MD5 the quickest and easiest route over Penn. Ave/MD4. to the Lex. Park area. Sometimes I bypass some of S. Capital by getting on I-295; or bypass all of S. Capital via I-395/I-695/I-295 then the Outerloop to MD210. If you're in Calvert, Penn. Ave/MD4 would be your best option.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
If I may ...

Just take South Capital Street over the Douglas bridge stay left on to Suitland Parkway then all the way to RT 4 and continue south. Easy.

This is the way we go, typically. We're in Calvert county.

steppinthrax

Another option no one has mentioned is public transit. Depending on which part of SoMd you live in. You can go to one of the park and rides and take the commuter buses. The cost if $4.00 each way, but you don't have to deal with parking and all the other bull####.

Chris0nllyn

Take E st. to 7th St.
Go South on 7th St. until you hit I-395.
Take I-395 East (not toward VA/Dulles Airport)
Get on South Capital St.
Follow that onto Suitland Pkwy
Suitland Pkwy takes you right to Rt.4

Quick and easy ride.

OldHillcrestGuy

I'm going to the National Theatre is 2 weeks and recently have been down there to get the tickets and drop others off for previous show. The Warner is just around the corner I always go, once I leave the National make a left on 14th street and follow it up to Independence Ave going past the Monument, make left on Independence and follow it to, I think its Canal, its across from the Botanical Gardens, make a right theres always a Capital Hill police officer parked there and the leads you right out onto South Capital then go past Nats Park to Suitland Pkwy and then either take 295 south to 495 and Branch, or if your going south to Lexington Pk area stay on Suitland Pwky till Rt. 4 and head south.

Drive to the Branch Ave Metro Station then take the Metro...quick and easy, no parking hassel. If you go on weekend the parking at Metro is free.

steppinthrax

Drive to the Branch Ave Metro Station then take the Metro...quick and easy, no parking hassel. If you go on weekend the parking at Metro is free.

Taking the Greenline is like russian roulette. You never know the day you're gonna get shot. I take it every once and awhile, but try to avoid it.

officeguy

Taking the Greenline is like russian roulette. You never know the day you're gonna get shot. I take it every once and awhile, but try to avoid it.

Out of the billions of trips taken on the metro, one (1) ended with the passenger getting shot on the train. I'll take those odds.

That said, I dont care for the Branch avenue facility outside of rush hour when you have other pax and a police presence. A rather spooky and desolate place on the weekends. The only reason to take the metro is to escape traffic and save on parking, not really a factor for any evening events.

nutz

I find S. Capital/MD210 to MD228 and MD5 the quickest and easiest route over Penn. Ave/MD4. to the Lex. Park area. Sometimes I bypass some of S. Capital by getting on I-295; or bypass all of S. Capital via I-395/I-695/I-295 then the Outerloop to MD210. If you're in Calvert, Penn. Ave/MD4 would be your best option.

You commute from Lexington Park to DC, everyday? :faint:

steppinthrax

Out of the billions of trips taken on the metro, one (1) ended with the passenger getting shot on the train. I'll take those odds.

That said, I dont care for the Branch avenue facility outside of rush hour when you have other pax and a police presence. A rather spooky and desolate place on the weekends. The only reason to take the metro is to escape traffic and save on parking, not really a factor for any evening events.

I just see too much crazy/weird #### on the green line. The teenagers seem to be the worse. Some will get on the line and talk loudly about what "chick they are banging" etc. I remember several sat down right next to me and were talking about what the judge had said to them in Juvenile court and how they would go to prison. They speak loudly and intentionally so others will hear, not sure why they do this.

Then there was one time I went on the green line, there was a woman there that was wearing leggings with the entire crotch missing???

3CATSAILOR

GPS and type it in. Watch out for the cameras though.