Small Landscaping Project

I had a similar project, used Stepping Stone in Mechanicsville. Not inexpensive by any means, but a nice job.

Hannibal

You should subscribe to Angie's List. I think membership is something like $10 for several months. I use it quite often with great results. And it allows me to gauge pricing as people will often show cost in their reviews. It also allows you a direct line to a contractor - and they typically respond pretty quick in order to avoid any negative feedback.

Hannibal

Thank you. Angie's list was recommended to me a couple of times in the past, but I never looked into it as I was under the impression that it was quite a bit more expensive than what you have suggested and I thought that like most major online services, participation in small towns might be limited.

Even if I had to re-sign up for each major project, $10 is a small price to pay for piece of mind provided they do actually have substantial reviews for our area.

I've signed up and let it lapse then signed up again on a case by case basis. Even when simply researching a general idea of costs. Found it well worth it simply from a knowledge standpoint. You also receive special pricing on various services. I've seen specials on duct cleaning (noticed a thread on this earlier), lawn care services, etc. I mostly use it to scan over reviews of potential contractors to see if they are worth pursuing in the first place.

glhs837

Power with Control
I had PJ Bean come out to excavate and level a 11 x 22 section of my sloping yard and dump two inches of sand and level that sand for our aboveground pool . Did a good job, I think he charged me $400. About 60% of that area had to be brought down between 2-3 feet so it was a significant amount of earth to move.

BOP

I had PJ Bean come out to excavate and level a 11 x 22 section of my sloping yard and dump two inches of sand and level that sand for our aboveground pool . Did a good job, I think he charged me $400. About 60% of that area had to be brought down between 2-3 feet so it was a significant amount of earth to move.

He came highly recommended to me, and when he looked at my project, he told me that he couldn't do the work with his backhoe, and why. Which is a lot more honest than some of these f*cks out there who'll tell you "oh, yeah, I can do it," charge you half up front, screw up your house, then disappear. I appreciate his honesty, and will have him in to do other jobs where there's no danger of damaging my house.

glhs837

Power with Control
Had him out to help with the trench for the well wiring. Brought out the skid steer with the trenching machine, which by itself was well worth the three hundred, but he was right in there with me working by hand on the parts the machine couldn't reach.