Our ospreys showed up yesterday

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
...and they are out there raising quite a ruckus too. Bird 1 and bird 2....
osprey 2.jpg osprey 1.jpg

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Between the peepers, leopard frogs, ospreys, geese, and heron, it's almost deafening 'round here. :lol:

That's one thing we don't have on the island...very many frogs. Now just up the road a piece...

And the geeese..good grief. Been a flock varying between about a half dozen to more than 40 camped out in our cove for the last several weeks. Looking out my office window now, I only count 8... Noisy buggers. They are just to the left of the dock in my pic...barely out of frame.

Midnightrider

We had a single osprey on our creek on Feb 26. I thought to myself that the osprey must be young and on his own being here so early. We have had a pair building a nest since friday.

Chris0nllyn

That's one thing we don't have on the island...very many frogs. Now just up the road a piece...

And the geeese..good grief. Been a flock varying between about a half dozen to more than 40 camped out in our cove for the last several weeks. Looking out my office window now, I only count 8... Noisy buggers. They are just to the left of the dock in my pic...barely out of frame.

Luckily I only have a pair roosting on the lake, so it's not too bad.

It's strange. They live on the lake Spring/Summer/Fall, then roll out. When the migrators come by the thousands, they fly right over the lake and my house to go to a smaller pond to congregate.

View attachment 112156

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
We had a single osprey on our creek on Feb 26. I thought to myself that the osprey must be young and on his own being here so early. We have had a pair building a nest since friday.

Wow..that IS really early. The pair that nests here usually arrives late/last compared to most others on the island. This is the first year in a long time that they've been "on time" and arrived on or before St. Patty's Day..

bilbur

Wow..that IS really early. The pair that nests here usually arrives late/last compared to most others on the island. This is the first year in a long time that they've been "on time" and arrived on or before St. Patty's Day..

Global warming? If something isn't done soon we will all be under water that will somehow freeze over creating a new ice age which will make my swim trunks and sun glasses COMPLETLY USELESS. :shocking::cds::mad: