So, you steal 48 guns and sell them to criminals..... whaddya get?

glhs837

Power with Control
78 months. Got to wondering what happened to the guy who was part of the Tackle Box break in where they stole 48 handguns. Seems he was finally sentenced not too long ago. 78 months. So, less than 2 months for each gun he sold to a criminal. This of course is not figuring what sort of time off that he might get. How many of the countys armed robberies and shootings over the last two years were committed with these guns?

http://smnewsnet.com/archives/36840...harges-and-trafficking-contraband-cigarettes/

Would be really nice if we could tack on extra time every time one of his guns are used in a crime....... Hell, we know which ones they are, they should have a comprehensive list of what was stolen back then.

tommyjo

Did he get an "attaboy" from the NRA?

Stealing 48 guns...the theft was covered by insurance...so the gun shop got to buy 48 more to replace the 48 that were stolen...doubling the sales for the gun manufacturer. Those are the kind of "feel good" stories that make the NRA smile!

glhs837

Power with Control
And that has what bearing on the fact that gun control folks don't blink at the sheer stupidity of sentencing a criminal who stole guns and knowingly sold them to other criminals a two month sentence? Pretty sure were you to ask the NRA, or anyone in the industry, you would not get one smile. And we've already discussed at length that I do think the store had some culpability in this. Internal security being such that the bad guys could physically grab that many weapons in less than 5 minutes simply because "It's too much effort to empty the glass cases at the end of the day and restock them in the AM" seems a bit weak to me. But there is no law, and so that gets a pass. Were I an insurance company, I might insist that a requirement for such a policy might be that you secure the weapons inside your store a bit more.

officeguy

That's federal time. No parole only a max of 56 days of 'good time' per year. He is going to serve at least 85% of this.

BernieP

Resident PIA
That's federal time. No parole only a max of 56 days of 'good time' per year. He is going to serve at least 85% of this.

But he should have received that sentence for each of the 48 weapons, 76 months x 48 guns* = about 304 years, 300 years with good behavior credits.
Easier to deny law abiding citizens their rights - because they're sheeple - than to severely punish the criminal element.

* alternatively, add to the 76 months the appropriate sentence for the crime each of those weapons gets used in.

Kinnakeet

Stealing 48 guns...the theft was covered by insurance...so the gun shop got to buy 48 more to replace the 48 that were stolen...doubling the sales for the gun manufacturer. Those are the kind of "feel good" stories that make the NRA smile!

No catching the bad guy that stole the guns and then sold them to bad guys to commit crimes against the people makes the NRA smile,I am assuming that you dont like guns so think about guns this way;If you take away the guns from the good guys then only the bad guys will have guns it cannot be described any better than that.MD's Mikulski says if everyone turns in their guns then the bad guys will feel compelled to turn theirs in also as it is human nature but she also believes in unicorns and fairies I would bet,so come election day make sure you dont vote for her or any democrat as they are the ones destroying AMERICA.:elaine:

glhs837

Power with Control

That comes out to about five and a half years. Yeah, so putting one firearm in the hands of one criminal is worth 1.3 months of prison time. Seems a bit low when you add in actually breaking into the gun store and stealing the guns in the first place.

bilbur

78 months. Got to wondering what happened to the guy who was part of the Tackle Box break in where they stole 48 handguns. Seems he was finally sentenced not too long ago. 78 months. So, less than 2 months for each gun he sold to a criminal. This of course is not figuring what sort of time off that he might get. How many of the countys armed robberies and shootings over the last two years were committed with these guns?

http://smnewsnet.com/archives/36840...harges-and-trafficking-contraband-cigarettes/

Would be really nice if we could tack on extra time every time one of his guns are used in a crime....... Hell, we know which ones they are, they should have a comprehensive list of what was stolen back then.

If their was any justice they would sentence him as an accomplice for every gun he sold that can be tied to a crime or murder. With the number of guns he illegally put on the street he would probably never breath free air again. This would also be a great deterrent, maybe if other low life's saw this could be a probable outcome from them selling illegal weapons they would think twice about who they sell their weapons to. Probably not, these people are not the brightest bulbs and they never think they are going to get caught.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

Elected would be my guess!!

glhs837

Power with Control
We generally never hear wear any guns used in crimes around here come from, but if I think of the last three years, I would bet you would see a pretty large spike in crimes committed using a gun. I would also lay better than even money that at least four or more of the shootings or armed robberies since then were committed using one of those guns.

GregV814

No, I dont believe it makes the NRA smile...Serious minded gun owners dont like this because it puts guns in the hands of criminals. What probably makes them angry is the lenient Courts that dole out silly azz punishments like this...But Ms. JOE, the Obama Administration sent automatic weapons to Mexico under the fast & furious plan. Those guns killed a few US Customs agents. Where was your anger then? Did the Obama Adminsistration smile???

BernieP

Resident PIA
No, I dont believe it makes the NRA smile...Serious minded gun owners dont like this because it puts guns in the hands of criminals. What probably makes them angry is the lenient Courts that dole out silly azz punishments like this...But Ms. JOE, the Obama Administration sent automatic weapons to Mexico under the fast & furious plan. Those guns killed a few US Customs agents. Where was your anger then? Did the Obama Adminsistration smile???

Concur, it's one more excuse to put laws in place that will virtually abolish the second amendment.

Hey, if Obama gets his way, the Supreme court will not have enough constitutional conservatives to beat back the "reasonable" restrictions on the bill of rights.
Sooner or later we will end up with enough precedent from the liberal courts that the Bill of Rights will be pointless.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

You're an idiot.