Pre-trial release for armed robber, victim beaten

glhs837

Power with Control
http://smnewsnet.com/archives/40121...erms-of-pre-trial-release-in-st-marys-county/

The injured victim was found to be suffering from multiple head wounds that required transport via Maryland State Police Helicopter “Trooper 7” to a local area trauma center. Detectives from the Criminal Investigations Division (CID) responded and assumed the investigation.

So, in middle December, this guy beats a robbery victim bad enough he needs a helo ride to the hospital, but it's just freakin peachy to let him roam the streets while awaiting trial?

On March 19, 2016, Eckloff violated the conditions of his pre-trial release, as ordered by Circuit Court Judge Karen Abrams, by fleeing an in-patient rehabilitation facility. Eckloff had been released from the St. Mary’s County Detention Center under the conditions following his arrest by CID detectives in December for charges including Armed Robbery and Assault 1st Degree.

Yep, his need for "treatment" far outweighs societys need to not be beaten about the head and shoulders for the "crime" of having seething this jackazz thinks he should have because he wants it. Guys been in the system since 2004, starting with a concealed weapon in 2002. Has 2+ pages of records.

Thank you, Judge Abrahms. Glad my family and I get to walk the streets with this loser, way to go. Pretty sure treatment aint doing jack for this guy.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I would be concerned with his propensity for violence and the use of weapons. My guess was he / his lawyer made a plea to the judge to get him help.
What I find interesting is that addicts, with far FAR less violent records are just stuck in "medical" or general population to dry out.
But he got Circuit court, the miscreant addicts get district court where the judges would have told them to wait until they are sentenced.

glhs837

Power with Control
Pretty sure with close to 15 years of judiciary action, rehab ain't changing this guy. Looks like he's good for one assault and/or armed robbery every two years.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Pretty sure with close to 15 years of judiciary action, rehab ain't changing this guy. Looks like he's good for one assault and/or armed robbery every two years.
If his crimes were drug / alcohol related. But most people with an addiction problem aren't using guns and beating people up.
They generally steal, typically from family and friends - more opportunistic than planned.
Agree, with his background what was the judge thinking.

glhs837

Power with Control
Wanna bet multiple trips through treatment programs match his runs through the justice system?

tom88

http://smnewsnet.com/archives/40121...erms-of-pre-trial-release-in-st-marys-county/

So, in middle December, this guy beats a robbery victim bad enough he needs a helo ride to the hospital, but it's just freakin peachy to let him roam the streets while awaiting trial?

Yep, his need for "treatment" far outweighs societys need to not be beaten about the head and shoulders for the "crime" of having seething this jackazz thinks he should have because he wants it. Guys been in the system since 2004, starting with a concealed weapon in 2002. Has 2+ pages of records.

Thank you, Judge Abrahms. Glad my family and I get to walk the streets with this loser, way to go. Pretty sure treatment aint doing jack for this guy.

You can thank the uniformed voters. They put Judge Abrams in office. As a matter of fact, all three of the St. Mary's County circuit court judges were put in office by the voters after being nominated by a very liberal judiciary nominating committee and appointed by a democratic governor.

The only judge on the bench who has spent any time putting people IN jail instead of trying to get them OUT of jail is Mike Stamm who was a prosecutor. Prosecutors ran against both of the other judges, but the citizens of St. Mary's decided to go with the appointed judges.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
If his crimes were drug / alcohol related. But most people with an addiction problem aren't using guns and beating people up.
They generally steal, typically from family and friends - more opportunistic than planned.
Agree, with his background what was the judge thinking.

That's just it. The judge isn't thinking. She needs to be removed from the bench. We pay taxes out of the ass in this podink county and deserve a criminal justice system that keeps us safe. I hope he hasn't reproduced.