Happy Maryland Day

TheLibertonian

I hope everyone has a good Maryland Day.

Hark to an exiled son's appeal,
Maryland!
My mother State! to thee I kneel,
Maryland!
For life and death, for woe and weal,
Thy peerless chivalry reveal,
And gird thy beauteous limbs with steel,
Maryland! My Maryland!

jrt_ms1995

I hope everyone has a good Maryland Day.

Hark to an exiled son's appeal,
Maryland!
My mother State! to thee I kneel,
Maryland!
For life and death, for woe and weal,
Thy peerless chivalry reveal,
And gird thy beauteous limbs with steel (warning, firearms and edged weapons excluded),
Maryland! My Maryland!

The modern version.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Once a grand state, and an original member of the 13 colonies, has come full circle to again become a tyrannical governing body. Whittled away bit by bit, generation by generation, rights, freedoms and liberties, expertly pulled from sheepy lulled minds in exchange for what? Confiscatory taxation? Burdensome regulation? Dictatorial governance? Absolutely nothing here to be happy about or worth celebrating. So to you again, TheLibertonian, please, just STFU!

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Carry me back to old Virginny,
There's where the cotton and the corn and taters grow,
There's where the birds warble sweet in the springtime,
There's where this old darkey's heart am long'd to go,
There's where I labored so hard for old massa,
Day after day in the field of yellow corn,
No place on earth do I love more sincerely
Than old Virginny, the state where I was born.

:shocking:

TheLibertonian

If I may ...

Once a grand state, and an original member of the 13 colonies, has come full circle to again become a tyrannical governing body. Whittled away bit by bit, generation by generation, rights, freedoms and liberties, expertly pulled from sheepy lulled minds in exchange for what? Confiscatory taxation? Burdensome regulation? Dictatorial governance? Absolutely nothing here to be happy about or worth celebrating. So to you again, TheLibertonian, please, just STFU!

Maryland day is about the history of maryland. About a grand experiment that flourished and faltered. About it's people, the good and the bad.

Just because things may not be politically the way you want doesn't make the state any less rich in culture and history.