Easter Candy

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
My daughter and niece are now teenagers. I indulged them with extra dark chocolate, which we all enjoy. No baskets anymore...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My kids don't eat candy - maybe I could send them some Easter crabcakes. My one grandkid doesn't eat candy either, and the other grandkid is only a year old. I should get some Peeps for me and Monello.

SamSpade

We've largely eliminated the whole candy thing - our kids are used to getting small gifts they like. They don't seem to miss it.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
Peeps is the only thing to be said.

Actually the kids always had baskets when they were little (jelly beans, cream eggs, chocolate bunnies, the whole thing. Which was somewhat of a problem with the one kid allergic to chocolate) and most of it ended up being thrown out when it was time for the 4th of July candy (don't ask), which got thrown out when Christmas candy came out. I think the only holiday there was no candy was MLK day.

Funny thing is that none of the kids really ever ate much candy growing up.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
When I was a kid candy was a huge treat and a reward for being good. I know with my kids, candy was just another thing that wasn't particularly special, so they never really cared about it - they were all about snack chips and popcorn. My daughter is uptight with my grandson's sugar consumption, so he likes to acquire and hoard candy but he doesn't really eat it. His other grandmother likes to buy him bags of treats and fun things, and the discussion with my daughter was to leave it alone and let Nana enjoy herself because it's not like Connor eats it anyway.

paxnewbie

When the kids were young, a few jelly beans and a small bunny was enough. As they've gotten older, I've tried to think of something other than candy: bubbles, sidewalk chalk, etc. It's too late for this year, but it got me thinking about unique ideas for next year. Candy, yes. But maybe something different.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
When the kids were young, a few jelly beans and a small bunny was enough. As they've gotten older, I've tried to think of something other than candy: bubbles, sidewalk chalk, etc. It's too late for this year, but it got me thinking about unique ideas for next year. Candy, yes. But maybe something different.

My kids liked coloring books and paint by numbers stuff.

limblips

PREMO Member
Brach's black jelly beans!!!! As fourth of six kids it was hard to get my fair share of the other goodies but since I was the only one that liked black jelly beans, I had the market cornered on them. I have now resorted to Jelly Belly since I can get just the black ones in quantity.

I made my parents a basket for Easter. Couple of bunnies and chicks and small choco eggs from Lindt's, some colored hard boiled eggs... they needed a bit of spring feeling.

luvmygdaughters

My granddaughters got a small chocolate bunny each and some peeps. I also bought some girly things, nail polish, bath pouf, bubblebath, lotion, etc. Also included cute back scratchers since they both are fanatics about having their backs scratched. When I was a kid, Robins eggs were always my favorite, still are today.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
When I was a kid, Robins eggs were always my favorite, still are today.

The blue ones make your whole mouth and lips blue, so I stopped eating them after I hit about 12 or so. But those were my favorites, too. I love malted milk balls in all their forms.

paxnewbie

Brach's black jelly beans!!!! As fourth of six kids it was hard to get my fair share of the other goodies but since I was the only one that liked black jelly beans, I had the market cornered on them. I have now resorted to Jelly Belly since I can get just the black ones in quantity.

Black Jelly Belly are my favorite!

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
I made my parents a basket for Easter. Couple of bunnies and chicks and small choco eggs from Lindt's, some colored hard boiled eggs... they needed a bit of spring feeling.

What a sweet guy you are to do that for your parents. I send my dad and stepmom a card, and my mom some flowers.