Land clearing

Chris0nllyn

Can anyone recommend a company that does land clearing? Any expectation on cost as well?

I have probably about a 1/2 acre that needs clearing. It's mainly a few small diameter trees (~16" dia.) I want taken out plus all the undergrowth and tons of small bushes. There are a bunch of mature poplar trees though (some are close to 36" dia. and upwards of 100'+ tall).

The kicker is, the area is all a hill sloping down to a lake. It's probably a 20* angle at least (more in some areas).

Last edited:

SamSpade

Can anyone recommend a company that does land clearing? Any expectation on cost as well?

I have probably about a 1/2 acre that needs clearing. It's mainly a few small diameter trees (~16" dia.) I want taken out plus all the undergrowth and tons of small bushes. There are a bunch of mature poplar trees though (some are close to 36" dia. and upwards of 100'+ tall).

The kicker is, the area is all a hill sloping down to a lake. It's probably a 20* angle at least (more in some areas).

I'll be watching this thread - I have almost the exact situation.

TPD

the poor dad
I do some clearing around field edges, but no trees as big as what you are talking about! 6" is as big as I go....

[video=youtube;yamQFIpliWU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yamQFIpliWU[/video]

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member

Stupid question, but do you have the permit? Or this a hush hush in the woods and nobody will notice kind of thing?

TPD

the poor dad
Stupid question, but do you have the permit? Or this a hush hush in the woods and nobody will notice kind of thing?

Doesn't sound like this is something that can be done legally, knowing how things work in Maryland. Army Corps of Engineers, Soil Conservation, EPA, Planning & Zoning, IRS - the list of agencies who would have to sign off on this is endless, and in the end you will have to plant 4 times as many trees as you want to take down.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Doesn't sound like this is something that can be done legally, knowing how things work in Maryland. Army Corps of Engineers, Soil Conservation, EPA, Planning & Zoning, IRS - the list of agencies who would have to sign off on this is endless, and in the end you will have to plant 4 times as many trees as you want to take down.
:yay:

We need to talk in the near future, Buddy.

Last edited:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I do some clearing around field edges, but no trees as big as what you are talking about! 6" is as big as I go....

[video=youtube;yamQFIpliWU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yamQFIpliWU[/video]

Hey, stop on by my housewhen you get some free time. I need a quote to clean up the tree line between our field and the farm next door. Seriously!

lucky_bee

RBF expert
A lot of the tree companies will take on land clearing as well if they're already there taking down trees. Of course it'd be extra, but most of the time they have the equipment available to them. I'd start by contacting local tree removal companies and ask if they could handle removing brush and bushes in addition to the various trees you need taken out. And they should also be well-versed in legalities, should you need permits or anything.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...
Just another confirmation of the nails in the coffin of what many think to be property rights. You do not own your home, and/or land, if you have to get permission to cut down some trees. We are all once again serfs to the king. Wow, generally speaking, that didn't take long.

Chris0nllyn

I'll get the necessary grading permit, no big deal.

It can certainly be done legally. I'm not in a critical area, I'm not disturbing more than 40,000 sq. ft., it's not near a road, and as long as the trees are under 20' tall I don't need to hire a licensed tree expert. It's mainly brush with maybe 6 or so trees.

inkah

Go grab some teenage boys of single moms and put them to work for a while. And make them use a handsaw - teen boys need that kind of physical activity. Maybe STAD's neighbor could help? ;)

Vince

Yes, it can be done legally. Depending on the County, you have to go through Environmental to get a permit to get the trees cleared. They will probably want a drawing of how many trees are going to be cut and what will remain for conservation purposes. I have to do this every time I cut a tree on my property as I am within so many yards of the water. Of course it's BS, because the water they are referring to is a creek. The only time I didn't need a permit was after the hurricane. The county gave permission to cut any storm damaged trees without a permit. Oh yes, they charge you for the permit. Get an estimate from Kerwin. They do good work.