Kerry for President

Roy

swiftlogo.gif

Senator John Kerry has made his 4-month combat tour in Vietnam the centerpiece of his bid for the Presidency. His campaign jets a handful of veterans around the country, and trots them out at public appearances to sing his praises. John Kerry wants us to believe that these men represent all those he calls his "band of brothers."

But most combat veterans who served with John Kerry in Vietnam see him in a very different light.

http://www.swiftvets.com/

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Roy, I posted this link earlier today, but did not see any responses to it:

Kerry - Running For An Oscar, or For President?

Kerry had a whole s#!tload of movies he, or one of his crewmen shot about skirmishes they encountered during the 4 months he was in country.

How'd he amass that much footage?

This article addresses an explanation.

Spoiled

its like going to my friends i had in highschool 30 years from now that i havent talked to and asking them "is he fit for president"?

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Originally posted by Spoiled
its like going to my friends i had in highschool 30 years from now that i havent talked to and asking them "is he fit for president"?

Except you wouldn't be credentialing your high school service as some essential part of your person to get you elected.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Okay, well, John Kerry either wants to run on his war record or he doesn't. I just wish he'd make up his mind.

Spoiled

Originally posted by vraiblonde
Okay, well, John Kerry either wants to run on his war record or he doesn't. I just wish he'd make up his mind.
i in no way represent john kerry... Im just saying since he went to vietnam im sure he has changed a lot as a person... and he did go and he did serve his country

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
and he did go and he did serve his country
Yes he did. And now he's learning the dangers of touting that service for political purposes.

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by vraiblonde
Yes he did. And now he's learning the dangers of touting that service for political purposes.

At least Bush doesn't have to worry about that :wink:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
:cool: As I finished posting my first reply to this thread, it occured to what I think crzygvtwrkr(sp?) mentioned in another thread.
He said, I believe, where he saw a film clip of Kerry's boat coming under fire from the enemy alright, but the shots from shore seemed to be falling way short - about a hundred yards short - of the boat.

If you think about this, and the fact that Kerry had his crew go back to the scene of a firefight, re-enact the darn thing, it makes perfect sense that they would not fire too near their boat.

Some realism is warranted here, but hey, but let's not get Kerried away here and shoot holes in our ride home!

But here you have to remember, J.F. Kerry was already planning to use these 8mm movies for political gain later.:mad:

ylexot

Super Genius
Originally posted by penncam
:cool: As I finished posting my first reply to this thread, it occured to what I think crzygvtwrkr(sp?) mentioned in another thread.
Nope, that was me. :biggrin:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Originally posted by SmallTown
At least Bush doesn't have to worry about that :wink:
:cool: ST, there's another thread on the forums entitled: The Missing Year.......What Kerry doesn't Want Out About Bush.

Though it may be unprovable, it's plausible. Some folks accuse him of being a cowboy at heart, and just as likely to face down a gunslinger at high noon.

Hmmmm...................

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Originally posted by SmallTown
from where? His secret undisclosed location?

Oh wait. That's cheney.
Alright, I don't care who you are, that was funny!:biggrin:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It is interesting watching...

...the Kerry machine cast about for an identity other than his record.

It seems that right now, topped off by the convention, that the main near term goal is to sell JFK, the non-wimp, non New England lib, a la Dukakis, war hero.

I guess the hope is that if John Wayne Kerry was THERE, saw the elephant as it were, then HE is exempt from his voting record flip flops because he KNOWS. He's got the 1,000 yard stare. He's killed for his country. You can't question the Duke.

I wonder how long the "Nam-ing out" will go on?

:crazy: