luvmygdaughters

I have a coworker who's boyfriend builds furniture out of pallets. PM me and I can give you her name and email, she has a portfolio of the items he builds and sells.

nutz

Wife unit would like one of these and my Honey Do List is already long enough.

Details:
roughly 76" wide (has to fit between 2 windows)
roughly 108" tall (9' ceilings)
must be HT pallets (HT= heat treated, no chemicals)
sanded & sealed
20646/La Plata area
Shooting for last week in April, any time and any day but can change that based on your schedule

I can paint the backwall black to hide any gaps but can add that in for you to do as well. I'm a very able bodied helper/gofer, just not very handy with tools.

Sorry if in wrong section, not sure where to put it...

Does she want the rustic look with the nail holes, etc.? What does she have in mind for final coating, paint, stain, or ?

luvmygdaughters

Hopefully if he does this regularly he knows how hazardous this can be. You can't always trust the marking on the pallets to know what they were used for, as people/businesses reuse them often.

Burning pallet wood indoors or making furniture out of it can be a serious health risk if you don't know exactly what the pallet was used for throughout its lifetime.

He has been doing it for sometime now. He's sold quite a bit of the pieces he's made. Really unique looking tables and shelves.

SandieGarry

Try cutting the nails between the face boards and the blocks. Use a reciprocating saw then a nail set from the backside to remove the nails, or leave them in.