Yard sale question!

Restless

Hi! We live in an area that is really not conducive to having a yard sale. Our driveway is very steep, limited parking at the top, and none on the narrow road in. Having said that, I was wondering if it is okay to have a yard sale along the side of a highway. I've seen several back in the fall along Route 235 near Mechanicsville and Hollywood. There are also people that sell yard sale stuff at the intersection of Loveville Road and Route 235. I don't have a ton of stuff to sell but would like to get rid of what I do have.

If you have any other suggestions on what I could do, I'd appreciate them.

Thanks!

GregV814

It may be a little hike for you, but the Calvert County Fairgrounds hosts a large yard sale every saturday starting tomorrow....(4/2) Its like 10 bucks a table...The highway may be a problem due to traffic and safety concerns.....

BernieP

Resident PIA
SHA might take issue with you setting up shop in their right of way.

you would think, but I've seen people along 235/5 with tables along the road and traffic pulling onto the shoulder to shop.
I've seen people park on the opposite side and run across the median. Unsafe? You bet, but I've never seen them closed down by LE or SHA.

FED_UP

It may be a little hike for you, but the Calvert County Fairgrounds hosts a large yard sale every saturday starting tomorrow....(4/2) Its like 10 bucks a table...The highway may be a problem due to traffic and safety concerns.....

I was always wondering whey see so many cars parked on the curve at the stop light on route 4, next time I will check it out, or maybe that was a fair going on.