50+ MPH winds coming tonight, put it away or tie it down ...

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Hello, I'm your handy dandy weather chick, here to advise you of the wicked winds coming later this evening.

It's been on the news and is the talk of the town due to the freezing temperatures that will be ushered in with the 50+ MPH winds tonight.

Take it indoors or tie it down ...... :howdy:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Hello, I'm your handy dandy weather chick, here to advise you of the wicked winds coming later this evening.

It's been on the news and is the talk of the town due to the freezing temperatures that will be ushered in with the 50+ MPH winds tonight.

Take it indoors or tie it down ...... :howdy:

:yay:

littlelady

God bless the USA
I just took the dog out, and it was peaceful, and then bam! I brought our American flag in because it is new and just put it out. The wind shreds the flags like crazy. And, I heard a limb crack while out. Glad hub has my car in NC this weekend for his 100 miler because my car sits out and we are surrounded by trees. Hope to not lose power.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Thanks. So far nothing but good to know.

It's hitting us in Brandywine already (Southern P G County) and the gusts are fierce!

I find it hard to sleep during high wind events because of the huge trees that surround my house.

Let's all hope to have power all night, or a warm body to snuggle with if we lose power :wink: .

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I just took the dog out, and it was peaceful, and then bam! I brought our American flag in because it is new and just put it out. The wind shreds the flags like crazy. And, I heard a limb crack while out. Glad hub has my car in NC this weekend for his 100 miler because my car sits out and we are surrounded by trees. Hope to not lose power.

Crap, I should have moved the vehicles to the other side of the house! Especially my horse trailer.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !

Me either, but hoping my little generator can keep the space heater on if needed.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
We always talked about buying a generator, but never did. The winds have lessened a bit, and the little froggies are still chirping. Good for now. :smile:

I've used my little generator a few times, and it comes in handy for keeping the fridge running considering how much it costs if you have to replace all the food.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
The wind was incredible last night. It sounded like a plane taking off. Across the way there are about 30 kids sleeping in tents. I'm sure they had an interesting evening.

Bonehead

Power has been out since midnight but our GE 10 KW is humming along just fine on propane.....Our area is one of the few on the SMECO outage map that is out.

Roman

We live on the river, and so far, the only damage I see is that the wind knocked our weeping willow flat on the ground. Nothing else damaged, and we never lost power thankfully.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Wow! Wild last night (so says Monello - I slept through it) and it's blowing like crazy right now. Did clean up this morning, stuff all over the yard, our dishpan and potted pansies tried to run away from home. The wind shredded our cheapo tablecloth, no great loss, and my car looks sandblasted from the wind coming off the river.

Auntie Em! Auntie Em! :jameo:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Fortunately the wind direction has been such that our place isn't taking a direct hit. Can sure hear and see it in the tree tops though. But headed to TT for brunch soon...and betting the river side is really kicking.

RPMDAD

Lost power last night about 11:30, just came back on about 5 minutes ago this is in the Huntingtown area about 3 miles N.E. of Kings Landing Park.

RPMDAD

Negative, was up in bed watching tv when it went out, looked out the window just to verify it was out at the neighbors house also, just to make sure it wasn't just my house, but it was the entire neighborhood.
Wind was howling pretty good when it went out.