Does Maryland still have Senior Class trips

I am posting a question and hoping that there will be some response with answers. I was recently told that Maryland schools no longer sponsor senior class trips. I am hoping this is incorrect because that is almost a right-of-passage for graduating seniors. Anyone?

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
I do not believe they do this anymore. My daughter has friends who graduated last year and there was no mention of them going anywhere as a class.

SoMDGirl42

I am posting a question and hoping that there will be some response with answers. I was recently told that Maryland schools no longer sponsor senior class trips. I am hoping this is incorrect because that is almost a right-of-passage for graduating seniors. Anyone?

My senior year was the first year the Senior class trip was cancelled. Hasn't been one since.

Lots of kids get together and go to Ocean City with all their friends. It's all your dime. And it's expensive.

Freefaller

Just curious. Why should I, or any other taxpayer, pay for your (or anyone's) kids to go on vacation? If you want them to go so bad, pay for it yourself or do a fundraiser!

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
Short answer is no, liability issues. Some clubs will take trips, say French Club, but senior class trips have been out for at least a couple decades.

Some parents will organize something for Spring Break at some schools but it's not connected to the school.

Just curious. Why should I, or any other taxpayer, pay for your (or anyone's) kids to go on vacation? If you want them to go so bad, pay for it yourself or do a fundraiser!

Actually Freefaller, the school is only a means to an end. Students do pay for their own trips and the schools just do the coordinating of travel, accomodations, locations, etc. Kids do fundraisers all year to go towards this. Nothing is coming out your damn pocket. My granddaughter, in NJ, just flew to Disney World with her class and her parents paid every penny. Cost is not the reason Maryland doesn't do it because it is all self pay. Just a shame that they don't because these kids that do are creating great memories that will last a lifetime. So don't go getting all nasty unless you have all the facts, which obviously you don't.

steppinthrax

Actually Freefaller, the school is only a means to an end. Students do pay for their own trips and the schools just do the coordinating of travel, accomodations, locations, etc. Kids do fundraisers all year to go towards this. Nothing is coming out your damn pocket. My granddaughter, in NJ, just flew to Disney World with her class and her parents paid every penny. Cost is not the reason Maryland doesn't do it because it is all self pay. Just a shame that they don't because these kids that do are creating great memories that will last a lifetime. So don't go getting all nasty unless you have all the facts, which obviously you don't.

Many people here in SoMD are super right-wing, neo-nazi, GOP, Trump-lovin, all the blacks are on welfare, type of people. So You will get a lot of this "my taxes", "my taxes", "my taxes" bull####. Most of which come from people who make #### wages, draw from some social program then talk ####. It's worse for those who happen to make a good income and feel important. Then you get this holly rolly attitude.

Our senior trip was to DC from Long Island back in '72. Train into Penn Station, rail to DC. And we were perfect angels the whole trip.... :biggrin:

And we had fund raisers to pay our way. Shortfalls were paid out of pocket.

Freefaller

Many people here in SoMD are super right-wing, neo-nazi, GOP, Trump-lovin, all the blacks are on welfare, type of people. So You will get a lot of this "my taxes", "my taxes", "my taxes" bull####. Most of which come from people who make #### wages, draw from some social program then talk ####. It's worse for those who happen to make a good income and feel important. Then you get this holly rolly attitude.

And your response is a perfect example of why this country is Trillions of dollars in debt! Don't worry, it's other peoples money.

littlelady

God bless the USA
And your response is a perfect example of why this country is Trillions of dollars in debt! Don't worry, it's other peoples money.

Step made some other comments today that made me wonder who urinated in his cereal. He is so angry. Especially his comment in the thread about Dr. Nasr which was my kids doc forever until they moved away. Btw, he was an excellent doc.

And, as far as the topic, I have never experienced trips my children went on were sponsored by tax payer dollars. It was paid for by private funds; as in families.

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA

You are way off course. SOMD is very conservative, and is not labeled by what you posted. In other words, you have it all wrong. You have now labeled all of SOMD to be all the same. You have now labeled yourself as a hypocrite. We pay a load of taxes, do not draw from social programs, don't talk ####, don't feel important, and are far from 'holly rolly's, as you put it. I am talking about my hub and I, but there are many more like us. We are just trying to survive in a country that is going down the toilet. When did America become something that wasn't about Americans? You say you are ME, so keep it up, and prove that we have something to worry about, or not. You are not helping your cause, or whatever you are trying to prove on this forum. Just looking out for you.

One more thing. You contradicted yourself in your post. Oh, and yeah, you overlooked that Hogan was elected governor against all odds. What was your point?

Also, my ancestry is Native American, Scot and French. And, don't forget that every human on Earth forever came out of Africa. All of which were given a bad time in America. Either assimilate, or get the H out. No one owes you anything. Just out of curiosity, when did your fam come to America? Mine has been here for hundreds of years, and through blood, sweat, tears, and death have made it possible for you to speak your mind; such as it is. Why does America have to accept you if you don't accept America? If you are living here, you should support Her, not bring Her down. JMO.

Last edited:

Kinnakeet

What?? I like Trump,Im gop if there is such a thing anymore and I paid for my daughters part of her senior class trip that went to Fla.the school set up and coordinated the trip parents paid for everything.And also I dont like my taxes paying for people that are to lazy to work white or black! It is a shame that I went to school after I graduated high school and make a good living and MD takes my money and gives it away to lazy people and pockets the rest.:patriot:

steppinthrax

Yeah, because I"m one of the unemployed, welfare drawing individuals, who feel someone should pay for my child's senior trips???

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

:lmao: Irrationally angry much?

steppinthrax

You are way off course. SOMD is very conservative, and is not labeled by what you posted. In other words, you have it all wrong. You have now labeled all of SOMD to be all the same. You have now labeled yourself as a hypocrite. We pay a load of taxes, do not draw from social programs, don't talk ####, don't feel important, and are far from 'holly rolly's, as you put it. I am talking about my hub and I, but there are many more like us. We are just trying to survive in a country that is going down the toilet. When did America become something that wasn't about Americans? You say you are ME, so keep it up, and prove that we have something to worry about, or not. You are not helping your cause, or whatever you are trying to prove on this forum. Just looking out for you.

One more thing. You contradicted yourself in your post. Oh, and yeah, you overlooked that Hogan was elected governor against all odds. What was your point?

Also, my ancestry is Native American, Scot and French. And, don't forget that every human on Earth forever came out of Africa. All of which were given a bad time in America. Either assimilate, or get the H out. No one owes you anything. Just out of curiosity, when did your fam come to America? Mine has been here for hundreds of years, and through blood, sweat, tears, and death have made it possible for you to speak your mind; such as it is. Why does America have to accept you if you don't accept America? If you are living here, you should support Her, not bring Her down. JMO.

You sound like one of those delusional latinos that get up on the podium during a Trump rally and profess your love for Trump. You probably feel you pass for white, as many probably around you probably view you as such. You feel racism and discrimination do not exist and that they are made up and those that say they've experienced discrimination are the problem.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
We got caught throwing a party in the Principals house my senior year and they put us all into detention.

:shrug:

We had to write a letter to the President about the problems with education so one nerd wrote it and we all ended up going to Washington to speak for education reform.

:mad:

Last edited: