Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boarding a dog... Recomendations???

Boarding a dog... Recomendations???

Possibly looking to board my dog (small breed, 12 lbs.) for about 1 week. Can anyone recomend a good boarding place for me? Some place that will take good care of her while I am out of town AND not break the bank.

Also, can anyone give me an idea of what to expect as far as costs?

Blog Entries
    Apollo goes to Chesapeake Pet Resort in Hollywood. Prices are on their website.

http://chessiepets.com
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by Restitution View Post
    Some place that will take good care of her while I am out of town AND not break the bank.
    Sorry, but this ain't gonna happen. But then we pay for two so my bias (I'm a cheap bastard) is showing. Lately, we've been using Farmstead in Clements when we can't take them both with us.
    Last edited by jrt_ms1995; 04-10-2016 at 08:53 PM.
    Maryland* - A nice place to live!
    (*excludes Baltimore City, and Prince George's and Montgomery Counties)

I don't know where you are located, but we boarded our cats and dogs at Interlude Kennel in St. Leonard for many, many years. We haven't used them in the last 4 years, and don't board our current pet, but would use them again, if needed. They are great, and even send home a report card when you pick up your lovie.

http://interludepetresort.com/

When we go to Florida, it is cheaper for me to fly my Bostons (2 way), than it is to board them.
    You have become responsible forever, for what you have tamed. "Antoine de Saint Exupery"

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    When we go to Florida, it is cheaper for me to fly my Bostons (2 way), than it is to board them.
    I never looked into the flying with us. I just assumed it would be more expensive. That is what I get for assuming. I will definitely look into that if the situation arises, again. Thanks!

Thats how them b*tch's R getbent's Avatar
    I've thought about that in the past but I'm way to nervous to do it. So afraid something will happen. I'd love to take our dogs on vacay but finding a place to take 3 dogs is nearly impossible.

Indian Bridge Kennels
    http://www.indianbridgekennels.com/

I put mine in the deluxe suite and it's just like a little room. But they also have a specific small dog boarding room if you only have one dog. My monsters don't want to come home when I go pick them up either. They say "hi glad to see you" and then take off down the hallway to their room.
    *Disclaimer: My online conversation and comments to you in no way imply that I am actually interested in you.*

Blog Entries
    Tell me how you do that. When I first got Apollo, I needed to transport him from TX to MD, and my airline said he'd have to go in baggage in a crate unless he was small enough to fit under the seat, which he is not. I was willing to buy him a ticket, but they said nope. What airline do you fly, and do you get the keep the pooches with you or do they get stowed?
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Tell me how you do that. When I first got Apollo, I needed to transport him from TX to MD, and my airline said he'd have to go in baggage in a crate unless he was small enough to fit under the seat, which he is not. I was willing to buy him a ticket, but they said nope. What airline do you fly, and do you get the keep the pooches with you or do they get stowed?
    Depending who has the cheapest rates, we'll go with them, so it varies. Both of my girls fit under the seat. They are the only carry-ons that we bring. Our place in Florida has all our stuff there. The kicker is that when we first moved down there, we were told that the dogs had to have special forms filled out at the Vet, that had their shot records and other information on it. That form cost $100.00 each. Never once did anyone ask to see those papers. It usually costs about $180.00 both ways.
    You have become responsible forever, for what you have tamed. "Antoine de Saint Exupery"

Members who have read this thread: 3