Islands around Maryland

steppinthrax

I was curious what islands are available that provide ferry or taxi service within Maryland. I know of St. Clement's Island, but it seems there may be others.

Thanks

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Smith Island is the only one that comes to mind directly. Might be some others near the Eastern shore but not that I'm familiar with.

The other three islands near St. Clements are privately owned.

steppinthrax

Smith Island is the only one that comes to mind directly. Might be some others near the Eastern shore but not that I'm familiar with.

The other three islands near St. Clements are privately owned.

Thanks, I found the Crisfield fairy. That seems to be the closest, departs from pt lookout. The Smith island seems more interesting, is been sinking.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Thanks, I found the Crisfield fairy. That seems to be the closest, departs from pt lookout. The Smith island seems more interesting, is been sinking.

It is a very neat place...but fading away in more ways than one. The population continues to decline as does the island itself.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
What was the name of that island you found back when you set off for your 3-hour tour?

I'd rather not say. Still planning to go back and fetch the boat. It doesn't need much. If that stupid perfessor hadn't wasted all his time building radios out of coconut husks and hairpins, we'd have only been there a week, tops.