Coles Point Tavern getting a facelift

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The only remaining St. Mary's County bar on the VA shore is getting some much-needed repairs.

A regular "halfway" stop for us...since we have to run back and forth between St. George's Island and St. Catherine's regularly. But well worth the stop for anyone that happens by..their food is hittin'.

Coles Pt Tavern.jpg Coles Pt Tavern 2.jpg island to Coles Pt.jpg

Last edited:

jrt_ms1995

How exactly do you tie up there? And how's the water on the approach? I worry too much, but I don't want to end up aground and entertainment for those within the establishment, so have never been.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Along the SE side of the building is a 100' dock/deck with a stairway up to the main deck. Water is plenty deep the full length. We routinely pull in and tie up our 32' cruiser but most often we're just in one of the smaller boats. It can and does get crowded on weekends...

They might put the dock back on the north side too...eventually. But the weather tends to favor the other.

luvmygdaughters

Wow, haven't been to Coles Point in years. Used to have a friend who would carry a group of us over from Dock of the Bay or Harborview Inn on his Broadwater. Had a lot of fun times in that place. Let see, was it Jimmy and Sammy Laman who ran it then?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Used to have a friend who would carry a group of us over from Dock of the Bay or Harborview Inn on his Broadwater.

First time I ever set foot in the place was coming over from 7D back in the early 80s. We used to make it a regular stop on our "connect the dots" fun runs. There were so many more places on the water to run to back then, including up to Colonial Beach.

luvmygdaughters

First time I ever set foot in the place was coming over from 7D back in the early 80s. We used to make it a regular stop on our "connect the dots" fun runs. There were so many more places on the water to run to back then, including up to Colonial Beach.

You're right about that. Used to love all the old places and the people that ran them!! Hubby and I went to Dock of the Bay for dinner last month, was surprised to see the old Harborview Inn was still up, you could just see it between the condo's that are there.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Had my first visit there last summer. Jim Cryer took a bunch of us over. Had a bite to eat and a few beers. It's a little scary looking, lol. Had fun though.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
It's a little scary looking, lol. .

Yup!..some of the supporting structure was getting very sketchy. They've replace some of what needs replacing but nowhere near all. To actually save that building for the longer term is quite a challenge but Ann and Chris are going for it.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Yup!..some of the supporting structure was getting very sketchy. They've replace some of what needs replacing but nowhere near all. To actually save that building for the longer term is quite a challenge but Ann and Chris are going for it.

:yay: