Bill Nye, the Fascist Guy

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Do you even read the links you post?!?!?!

*Just wanted to get that out of the way.* :carryon:

SamSpade

Can ANYONE explain the rationale for punishing people for having a different opinion?

How does a difference in opinion over climate change hold so much power, that every other issue, people are allowed differences of opinion - but not this?

I mean - I think I know why - I think it has to do with how people revere it the way religious people revere their dogma.
The closest historical precedent I can think of, is Galileo's trail where he was forced to recant his views on the planets or face jail.

Presumably Galileo muttered under his breath, away from the inquisitors - "Eppur si muove" (and yet, it moves).

Thus proving an old maxim I've been spouting out for years - "A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still".

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Can ANYONE explain the rationale for punishing people for having a different opinion?

Because when someone has a different opinion it indicates that you could be wrong. And we can't have that, therefore we punish people for insinuating that we might be wrong so that we can always be right no matter what nonsense we spew. And that makes us smart because there is no one left to tell us we're not.

CrashTest

He's saying throw people in jail who are affecting your "quality of life".

For him, it's climate deniers.

For me, it would be parents who take small children out in public.

For others, it might be something else. Get the picture?