Trees look terrible

PeoplesElbow

They seem to be taking their sweet ass time to come out this year. I think they started to come out early and then there was a cold snap.

I know there are way more pine cones and gumballs than usual this year :(

stew77

I know there are going to be later...I have a gumball tree that I hate, cause it drops gumballs all over the place and at times my deck is covered with them. BUT the tree puts such nice shade on one side of the house that I do not want to get rid of it?? And then whe I mow the lawn it is like I am shooting things across the lawn. Dogs have to be inside, as I am afraid I will injure one of them.. Such is life in the county!!

OldHillcrestGuy

I'm thinking that when we had that cold snap some of the trees already had their little leaf buds on them and at least in the Northern end of the county (Charlotte Halll) we had a couple of frosty mornings. The frost really hit some of my azalea bushes and killed the blooms , also the butterfly bush had new shoots coming out and they got damaged.
Then we had several windy days with winds 45mph and higher which probably didn't help the new leaf buds.