Hey Gilligan! or other boat people

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
My folks just gave me their 20' CC and I need to get the motor serviced, who would you recommend? The boat is in Dameron but will be coming to the 7th eventually. My options over here are Cather's and Coltons Point Marina any place in between to check out? 90 Suzuki w/ oil injection.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
My folks just gave me their 20' CC and I need to get the motor serviced, who would you recommend? The boat is in Dameron but will be coming to the 7th eventually. My options over here are Cather's and Coltons Point Marina any place in between to check out? 90 Suzuki w/ oil injection.

Cather Marine..hands down. Andy will take good care of you. I'm not sure who is minding the shop at Dennis Point these days when it comes to the kind of checkup you are talking about.

When did it run last?

kom526

Cather Marine..hands down. Andy will take good care of you. I'm not sure who is minding the shop at Dennis Point these days when it comes to the kind of checkup you are talking about.

When did it run last?
I'm pretty sure that the same partnership is running both CP and DP marinas. One of the partners fell off the travel lift at CP back in October, really effed his leg up bad. I think he is still in and out of casts and surgeries for that. I talked to my uncle and he knows a guy not too far from Back Creek that he trusts explicitly with OB repairs. So I'm going to give him a shout. It last ran probably 18 months ago, but was running strong the last time they pulled it. It seems to have good compression in all cylinders and most of the lights work, even th etrailer lights.:shocker:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I'm pretty sure that the same partnership is running both CP and DP marinas. :

I was only referring to the mechanic..or lack of. Andy Cather is one the last remaining master OB mechanics in the entire area. Until a few years ago, I took care of quite a few OB's for watermen locally to PP. They didn't trust anyone else to do it.

But having a line on a guy you already trust is always a good thing too. Good luck with it...the Suzuki's are decent engines, but 1990...that's getting pretty long in the toofs.

kom526

I was only referring to the mechanic..or lack of. Andy Cather is one the last remaining master OB mechanics in the entire area. Until a few years ago, I took care of quite a few OB's for watermen locally to PP. They didn't trust anyone else to do it.

But having a line on a guy you already trust is always a good thing too. Good luck with it...the Suzuki's are decent engines, but 1990...that's getting pretty long in the toofs.

90hp. Slow rolling Sharkstooth Island.