I got turkeys......

glhs837

Power with Control
So, been hearing them on the 70 acre undeveloped parcel to the south of the private road I live off of. Maybe a month now. Smaller of the two cats went looking (she participates in all dog walks out one end of the driveway, down my 200 foot frontage and bak in the other end of the drive) and came back, fur all puffed out like she found more than she bargained for :) Just yesterday, driving out, had one stut across the road about 10 feet in front of the Jeep. Pretty cool. Been here almost four years, first time I've heard them.

TheLibertonian

So, been hearing them on the 70 acre undeveloped parcel to the south of the private road I live off of. Maybe a month now. Smaller of the two cats went looking (she participates in all dog walks out one end of the driveway, down my 200 foot frontage and bak in the other end of the drive) and came back, fur all puffed out like she found more than she bargained for :) Just yesterday, driving out, had one stut across the road about 10 feet in front of the Jeep. Pretty cool. Been here almost four years, first time I've heard them.

They've been spreading over the peninsula for awhile now. I've seen them roosting not far from route five-Rosecroft road area, within five miles of that intersection in all directions.

I'm not sure when that started though.

RPMDAD

At our old house in Huntingtown we had 3 acres, way out in the woods, my young son came running around the house one day yelling the turkeys are coming, the turkeys are coming. I came out of the garage and 7 -8 turkeys walked down the sidewalk by the garage. beautiful sight and great memories.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member

Spring hunting season starts tomorrow go out and shoot your dinner.......

Popster

What fun! Makes you understand why they are called gobblers. Last year a hen with 4-5 chicks paraded across the road while Hattie went crazy in the cab of the truck.

glhs837

Power with Control
Hmm, wonder if there's any correlation between turkeys and coyotes...... Seems turkeys would be prime prey and the coyotes might be expanding right along with them.