LOTS of noise in the Piney Point 'hood a few minutes ago

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
There's never a chance one of our LCACs is going to sneak up on anyone. Whole herd of 'em just went by, headed up river towards DC.

Love that noise!

:yay:

glhs837

Power with Control
By the time the LCACs are inbound, you should already be aware that your day is gonna get a whole lot worse........

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Landing Craft Air Cushioned??

Yep.

LCAC.jpg

Agee

Rode one out to meet an LHA off the Carolina coast... Yep, incredibly loud and a fuel hog!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Rode one out to meet an LHA off the Carolina coast... Yep, incredibly loud and a fuel hog!

Spent many long hours in the P&E module on miserable hot gulf coast days back in the 80s....recording craft acceptance trials data as they came off the assembly "line"..

But still proud of how amazing they are.

Wait 'til the new ones are out. I've had chance to peek under the covers on the new design a good bit.

Agee

Spent many long hours in the P&E module on miserable hot gulf coast days back in the 80s....recording craft acceptance trials data as they came off the assembly "line"..

But still proud of how amazing they are.

Wait 'til the new ones are out. I've had chance to peek under the covers on the new design a good bit.

Good on Ya! They're quite a feat of engineering.

I remember hearing of a new design, assuming the main changes are centered around the crafts propulsion system?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Good on Ya! They're quite a feat of engineering.

I remember hearing of a new design, assuming the main changes are centered around the crafts propulsion system?

Propulsion and lift both. Some incredibly advanced and complicated composite structures instead of what is all aluminum and stainless steel on the current craft.