So how did a Islamic mosque get into Calvert County (Southern Maryland Islamic Center)?

steppinthrax

I drive by a lot questioning how did many of the residents allow a mosque to be built in CC. My thinking is there probably was a huge protest, burning Koran's etc... Shootings, Burning crosses etc, before they even had a chance to break ground. I personally have no issue with the masque being there.

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
??? Left field much? The center has been there for quite a long time. And so what of it?

Grumpy

I drive by a lot questioning how did many of the residents allow a mosque to be built in CC. My thinking is there probably was a huge protest, burning Koran's etc... Shootings, Burning crosses etc, before they even had a chance to break ground. I personally have no issue with the masque being there.

LOL..my gawd you are so full of assumptions

glhs837

Power with Control
Yep, got here in 93, it was here then, I'm pretty sure. I was far more bothered by the fact that the Ranch Club restricted motorcycles from entering the premises.

steppinthrax

Yep, got here in 93, it was here then, I'm pretty sure. I was far more bothered by the fact that the Ranch Club restricted motorcycles from entering the premises.

The ranch club?

So you're saying on a scale of 1 - 10, the Ranch Club is a 10 and the Islamic center is a 9.

Last edited:

PsyOps

Pixelated

You do realize that, while trying to point out bigotry, your exercising your own form of bigotry with this post? What's ironic is, that Islamic Center was built and has remained standing without any incident against it whatsoever; despite your belief that SOMDers are bigots.

steppinthrax

You do realize that, while trying to point out bigotry, your exercising your own form of bigotry with this post? What's ironic is, that Islamic Center was built and has remained standing without any incident against it whatsoever; despite your belief that SOMDers are bigots.

Actually it has had several vandals/damage and incidents since 9/11. Even today, it's not uncommon to see graffiti etc...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Rayciss'!!...rayciss' everywhere!! :jameo:

steppinthrax

There will always be some stupid people with us. Always have been.

Well there are levels in SoMD.

1. Those that are stupid/racist and do these type of things.
2. Those that will "go along" (group psychology) with those doing those type of things.
3. Those that are stupid/racist, but won't do these type of things, they see people from (1) do it and applaud.
4. Those that feel sorry for 1/2/3.
5. Those that sit on SoMD venting racism, and have vivid dreams of doing things in 1/2/3

Chris0nllyn

Neither do I, and many other residents if I had to guess.

I know the son of one the guys mentioned in the articles and met the guy before. I remember hearing all the wild accusations about how he was a terrorist.

glhs837

Power with Control
The ranch club?

So you're saying on a scale of 1 - 10, the Ranch Club is a 10 and the Islamic center is a 9.

Ah no, CRE was about a 4 (10 being worst), with the IC not on the scale. "Odd looking building" is about the highest level of thought I've ever given it.