Presidential Campaign Stops in Southern Maryland?

Forkian

Has anyone heard of any of the candidates for president making stops locally?

Would be cool to get a pic with your favorite candidate!

Last edited:

bilbur

I saw where Ted Cruz had an event in Frederick, MD and Trump on the eastern shore. Has anyone heard of ANY of the candidates for president making stops locally? Would be cool to get a pic with your favorite candidate!

At one time the Clinton's cat was being raised locally but I think it is dead now. Bill Clinton also was in Point Lookout for the release of a bald eagle. The whole thing was a disaster, once they released the eagle it was immediately attacked by osprey and downed into the water. A rescue boat went out with a net to scoop it out of the water. I am pretty sure it made a full recovery though. That was the last presidential visit that I know of. I doubt any of the hopefuls will stop here, not enough people to make it worth their while.

RPMDAD

At one time the Clinton's cat was being raised locally but I think it is dead now. Bill Clinton also was in Point Lookout for the release of a bald eagle. The whole thing was a disaster, once they released the eagle it was immediately attacked by osprey and downed into the water. A rescue boat went out with a net to scoop it out of the water. I am pretty sure it made a full recovery though. That was the last presidential visit that I know of. I doubt any of the hopefuls will stop here, not enough people to make it worth their while.

Bill Clinton released the eagle at NAS Pax River

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1996-07-06/news/1996188016_1_eagle-patuxent-river-bird

Chris0nllyn

Each candidate has a schedule of their events on their respective websites.

A quick glace of the major players and I didn't see anything closer than DC.

3CATSAILOR

I saw where Ted Cruz had an event in Frederick, MD and Trump on the eastern shore. Has anyone heard of ANY of the candidates for president making stops locally? Would be cool to get a pic with your favorite candidate!

Frederick MD is in the NORTHWEST part of Maryland and not Southern Maryland. Do you mean PRINCE Frederick in Calvert County perhaps?

Forkian

Frederick MD is in the NORTHWEST part of Maryland and not Southern Maryland. Do you mean PRINCE Frederick in Calvert County perhaps?

NOPE, Cruz was in Frederick, NOT Prince Frederick. By the way, the eastern shore isn't in southern MD either, LOL.
Read it again...

Last edited:

DannyMotorcycle

haha

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
NOPE, Cruz was in Frederick, NOT Prince Frederick. By the way, the eastern shore isn't in southern MD either, LOL.
Read it again...

With all due respect, I think the way you worded the title of the thread was a little confusing.

It reads at first like you were saying ("the) Presidential Campaign Stops in Southern Maryland?" - instead, I think you meant to ask IF there were any presidential campaign stops in southern Maryland. (Are There Any Presidential Campaign Stops in Southern Maryland?"

Then again, I could be wrong.

Forkian

With all due respect, I think the way you worded the title of the thread was a little confusing.

It reads at first like you were saying ("the) Presidential Campaign Stops in Southern Maryland?" - instead, I think you meant to ask IF there were any presidential campaign stops in southern Maryland. (Are There Any Presidential Campaign Stops in Southern Maryland?"

Then again, I could be wrong.

It was a question, hence the question mark. I don't think it was very confusing for most people to understand.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
It was a question, hence the question mark. I don't think it was very confusing for most people to understand.

Yes, it was a question. :yay:

I didn't insult you, I was merely commenting about how the sentence was framed, not whether it was a statement or question.

:buddies:

awpitt

Main Streeter
Campaign stop in Maryland didn't go too good for George Wallace. Just sayin'.

I remember that. It was at the Laurel Shopping Center, right off Rt. 1. Happened in the parking lot area between Peoples Drug store and the Equitable Trust Bank building.

BernieP

Resident PIA

neither was his humor
How many votes do you think they expect to get out of Southern Maryland? It's a matter of economics, they spend their campaign money where they are competing for the most votes.
I'm sure their staff looks at the election results, sees So. MD is heavily democratic and then looks at the population of the other three counties in the district and goes pfst, just not enough people to make it worth while.

calvcopf

Not confusing. I don't foresee many campaign stops from the major presidential candidates in Calvert or St. Mary's counties. Unless Hillary drops in to pick up another big campaign contribution.

FettZilla

I remember that Bill Clinton brought his campaign to Clinton, Maryland when he first ran. Now keep Hilary from coming there.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I remember that Bill Clinton brought his campaign to Clinton, Maryland when he first ran. Now keep Hilary from coming there.

That may technically be "Southern Maryland", but it's also basically Washington DC - PG county.
Maybe someone will hit up Waldorf, but seriously doubt it. For the R's there just aren't enough votes to justify the time and expense and for the D's, well they know who's getting what vote and they will go to the areas that are in contention.