Lawn

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Anybody else having problems with chick weed this year.

Damn #### is all over the place.

Anybody else having problems with chick weed this year.

Damn #### is all over the place.

I did a good amount of work on the lawn last fall. Seed and fertilizer. Last spring and summer I put down weed and feed twice. Way less weeds this year than past years. Now the back yard is a different story. I did nothing to it and it is COVERED in chickweed.

Agee

If you're referring to the weed with the seeds that fly when disturbed, they have already gone to seed and not much use to apply any weed killer. They will dye off. Get them early next year...

NIU_Huskies

Is there anything i can use after the crabgrass, dandelions, and other weeds have already come up?

Sounds like everything i'm reading online says i should have put down weedkiller in March before everything sprouted back up.

Chris0nllyn

If you're referring to the weed with the seeds that fly when disturbed, they have already gone to seed and not much use to apply any weed killer. They will dye off. Get them early next year...

They're good eating too. If you're into the foraging, hippie thing.

Is there anything i can use after the crabgrass, dandelions, and other weeds have already come up?

Sounds like everything i'm reading online says i should have put down weedkiller in March before everything sprouted back up.

You can still use a broadleaf killer/fertilizer now, but your grass will look kind of punky, thin, when the hot weather hits. Best bet is to use a summer fertilizer now to strengthen the grass, and again in the fall. Early next year hit it with the broadleaf killer with pre-emergence (stops seeds from sprouting).

I should talk..... my "grass" has so little grass in it now that any killer would reduce it to dirt.

belvak

Happy Camper
Hubby hasn't done anything with our grass this year. He's been so busy with his work that he doesn't really feel like doing anything with ours. I'm okay with that. Just as long as the weeds are cut regularly and look sort of green, it's good enough for me! :lol:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Update:
This heat has killed my yard this year and the sad thing is I have a sprinkler system.
Brown patch and crabgrass have taken over.

Anybody else having the same problem?

My summer fescue is thick and green and lush. Needs cutting desperately, but it's too hot to even think about it. Everyone I know that tries so hard to weed, feed, overseed, water, etc.... wind up with brown lawns. Those of us that let nature take it's course have green yards.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
My summer fescue is thick and green and lush. Needs cutting desperately, but it's too hot to even think about it. Everyone I know that tries so hard to weed, feed, overseed, water, etc.... wind up with brown lawns. Those of us that let nature take it's course have green yards.

Good job.

black dog

Free America
Update:
This heat has killed my yard this year and the sad thing is I have a sprinkler system.

That's funny, a few years ago you were singing a happy song about your Automatic Lawn Sprinkler. Maybe give Kurt a call and ask for a rebate.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
That's funny, a few years ago you were singing a happy song about your Automatic Lawn Sprinkler. Maybe give Kurt a call and ask for a rebate.
I don't recall that.
What song was I singing?

Kurt is a great guy.
Sprinklers work great.

But I suck at trying to keep a nice green lush grass like GW.

black dog

Free America
You were singing the happy song about the wonders of home irrigation and having a beautiful lawn because of it.. I was just busting your balls, nothing more...

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
You were singing the happy song about the wonders of home irrigation and having a beautiful lawn because of it.. I was just busting your balls, nothing more...

Ahh yes the Good Ol' Days.

I do like this song.
It gets you up and moving.

Chris0nllyn

Update:

Same here.

My zoysia grass is a little brown but the crabgrass has sprouted in a few bare spots and is growing leaps and bounds above everything else. It shot up ~4" last week alone.

Hoping to dethatch, aerate, top soil, and seed in a few weeks.