Need Windows 10 Help

PsyOps

Pixelated
I am using a program called Cubase. I'm having this problem when I select a menu item, and it opens the dialog window within the program, it opens the item partially off the screen where I can't access the functions I need. See the attached screen shot. I opened a delete pool history that allows me to selected specific things I added or deleted in a project. You can see the blue window is partially off the screen in the upper left. Any ideas?

Thanks

cubase.jpg

PeoplesElbow

Can you maximize the window?

Alt + Spacebar will open a dialog box that has an option of "move" select move and then you can use the arrow keys to move the window.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Can you maximize the window?

Alt + Spacebar will open a dialog box that has an option of "move" select move and then you can use the arrow keys to move the window.

I tried the Alt+Spacebar then M, then tried the arrow keys to move the window and it did nothing. It shouldn't be throwing the window up in that corner anyway. I'm trying to figure out how to remedy that.

hitchicken

I hope I'm not stating the obvious, but the 'scroll bar' on the far right side of the screen is scrolled all the way to the bottom of the window. The 'scroll bar' at the very bottom of the screen is jammed to the right and could be pulled to the left a small amount. Move them up and to left respectively. This might bring the 'black box' into the screen limits.

It also appears the narrow scroll bar on the right side of the black box is also bottomed out. Can you drag it up?

Also noted the expansion icon at the bottom right corner of the black box. Did you try to click and hold and drag it down and to the right.

A quick Google seems to indicate Cubase has some glitches with old databases and earlier version numbers and Windows 10. In fact, many other users are indicating both successes and failures using Cubase with Win10. I have an old program I consider so valuable that I maintain an old 32 bit Vista computer just to run it. If Cubase is that important to you, you might consider backing off to Win7 which I understand later versions of Cubase were designed for. I'd suggest studying the user forums. Cubase and Win10 seem to have a lot of threads.

Other desparation measures might include changing the screen resolution, left or right dragging and banging the title bar of the main window to create a half screen image.

Not knowing or using Cubase, I really don't have much else to offer. I know a lot of my older programs stop working when Windows 8 to Windows 10 came out.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I hope I'm not stating the obvious, but the 'scroll bar' on the far right side of the screen is scrolled all the way to the bottom of the window. The 'scroll bar' at the very bottom of the screen is jammed to the right and could be pulled to the left a small amount. Move them up and to left respectively. This might bring the 'black box' into the screen limits.

It also appears the narrow scroll bar on the right side of the black box is also bottomed out. Can you drag it up?

Also noted the expansion icon at the bottom right corner of the black box. Did you try to click and hold and drag it down and to the right.

A quick Google seems to indicate Cubase has some glitches with old databases and earlier version numbers and Windows 10. In fact, many other users are indicating both successes and failures using Cubase with Win10. I have an old program I consider so valuable that I maintain an old 32 bit Vista computer just to run it. If Cubase is that important to you, you might consider backing off to Win7 which I understand later versions of Cubase were designed for. I'd suggest studying the user forums. Cubase and Win10 seem to have a lot of threads.

Other desparation measures might include changing the screen resolution, left or right dragging and banging the title bar of the main window to create a half screen image.

Not knowing or using Cubase, I really don't have much else to offer. I know a lot of my older programs stop working when Windows 8 to Windows 10 came out.

The scroll bar only manages the screen in white where you see the piano keyboard on the left and some midi data for the song. The window in blue is a separate task within Cubase that pops up when I select one of the menu options. As another example, if I've done some work I have saved and click the upper right X to shut the program down, the little window that pops up asking me if I want to save jumps to the upper left in the same manner and there is no way to grab it down, since the grab bar is out of the screen.

I did read there are compatibility issues with some of the older versions of Cubase. I'm on version 5; so I'm thinking this is just one of those issues. I can't spend hundreds of dollars to upgrade Cubase. Also, to you next reply, I did try changing the resolution with no luck. There was also a patch to supposedly fix some bugs with version 5 and Windows 10 which I did install.

koan00

Right click on the executable and edit the compatibility settings. First I'd try to disable High DPI support. If that doesn't work, try setting app compatibility to an older version of windows.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I think I figured it out. I'm running dual monitors. One of them is an older one using VGA, so the resolution can't run as high as the newer monitor (HDMI). Because video is running in two different resolutions, video doesn't know how to behave when running certain features. When I set the new monitor for the same resolution as the old one the problem goes away, but then I don't get the full wide screen I want with the new monitor. So, I will have to get a new second monitor.