Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mornic's Seasoned Thru Cafe

Blog Entries

Mornic's Seasoned Thru Cafe

https://www.facebook.com/Mornics-Sea...28385257386605

Over in Lusby by where Jake & Al's used to be.

I found it last week because I had to pull off and read a text (yes, some of us do that instead of endangering our fellow motorists). Glanced up and saw "SOUL FOOD" on the building and was like, wut??

Since then I've been pestering Monello to go with me and today was the day. He had meatloaf, mac & cheese, and collards; I had fried chicken (of course, although not served up by Bill Clinton), mashed potatoes, and corn. Everything was super delicious. The cornbread was like cake - like how BadGirl makes it, which is my favorite.

The meatloaf was clearly homemade and they give you a YOOOOGE slab of it with gravy on top. Normally I snub mac & cheese, but this was quite buttery and tasty. Collards can be messed up quite easily, but these were nice and firm, not overly salty. And the chicken... I don't meet too many fried chickens that I don't love, and this bird did not disappoint. I had a breast and wing, and the meat was moist with a really nice breading that was tasty without obnoxious. The taters and corn were taters and corn - very good, and I'd have them again, but not as good as the collards.

It's a Mom & Pop, no frills, counter service, and the food is outstanding. Hopefully we'll be able to get at least one more trip in before we leave. Wish I'd have found this place sooner.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post

I found it last week because I had to pull off and read a text (yes, some of us do that instead of endangering our fellow motorists). Glanced up and saw "SOUL FOOD" on the building and was like, wut??

Since then I've been pestering Monello to go with me and today was the day. He had meatloaf, mac & cheese, and collards; I had fried chicken (of course, although not served up by Bill Clinton), mashed potatoes, and corn. Everything was super delicious. The cornbread was like cake - like how BadGirl makes it, which is my favorite.

The meatloaf was clearly homemade and they give you a YOOOOGE slab of it with gravy on top. Normally I snub mac & cheese, but this was quite buttery and tasty. Collards can be messed up quite easily, but these were nice and firm, not overly salty. And the chicken... I don't meet too many fried chickens that I don't love, and this bird did not disappoint. I had a breast and wing, and the meat was moist with a really nice breading that was tasty without obnoxious. The taters and corn were taters and corn - very good, and I'd have them again, but not as good as the collards.

It's a Mom & Pop, no frills, counter service, and the food is outstanding. Hopefully we'll be able to get at least one more trip in before we leave. Wish I'd have found this place sooner.
    Sounds great! Thanx! No idea it had changed hands.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Ok, you caught my interest. Heading there now.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Man, I'm still here !!!
    Well, off we go, me luvs soul food ..... Let's see if V knows what's she's talking about ;))))))))))

Can't wait to try it out some night when we crave some fried chicken - it's on the way home for FH.

Sounds so good. Got it on my do to list.

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post

You had me at the collards.
    Having too much ammunition in the house is like having too much fuel in your aircraft; the only time you have too much is when you're on fire.

The Second Amendment "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

And another one bites the dust...

I hope this message finds everyone in good spirits. Hope your holidays were great. I would like to take this time to thank everyone for all the support you've shown our family business this year. We have had the pleasure to meet so many wonderful people this year. Regretfully, we have closed our doors as of November 26, 2016, due to circumstances beyond our control. It has truly been a pleasure to have had the opportunity to serve you and your families!
    Sincerely,
    Mornic and Family.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RareBreed View Post
    And another one bites the dust...

I hope this message finds everyone in good spirits. Hope your holidays were great. I would like to take this time to thank everyone for all the support you've shown our family business this year. We have had the pleasure to meet so many wonderful people this year. Regretfully, we have closed our doors as of November 26, 2016, due to circumstances beyond our control. It has truly been a pleasure to have had the opportunity to serve you and your families!
    Sincerely,
    Mornic and Family.
    Sorry to hear that. They seemed like nice people and had some good comfort food going on.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

That's too bad, but considering that you would not have known it was even there if you didn't pull off to text it sounds like it could have had some better visibility.

I hadn't heard of it until now. I love meatloaf, however I am of the "ketchup meatloaf" religion and think the gravy sect is misguided religious nuts.
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

Members who have read this thread: 1