Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Supergirl' moving from CBS to CW

Keep Calm and Don't Care! DipStick's Avatar

'Supergirl' moving from CBS to CW

Fix NASCAR: Build a short track.

Dip, you know I love you, but why do you care about this? Just wondering. I haven't watched a network/series/sitcom, etc. show in years. What is happening in real life has captured my attention.
    Last edited by littlelady; 05-05-2016 at 02:18 AM.
    ​​Like I said. JMO, yo! - Roman
    If you ignore the trolls, they starve. - Wishbone

Quote Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    Dip, you know I love you, but why do you care about this? Just wondering. I haven't watched a network/series/sitcom, etc. show in years. What is happening in real life has captured my attention.
    Gin and Gin and Gin and Juice doesn't mix with sitcoms for you?
    Listen to me now, and believe me later: it doesn't matter how much you pump up those muscles, as long as you reach the full pumptential.

It's not 'roids but thanks for noticing...

Quote Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I like an escape from "real life". And I happen to like this show. One of VERY FEW TV shows I watch.

Quote Originally Posted by DipStick View Post
    I like an escape from "real life". And I happen to like this show. One of VERY FEW TV shows I watch.
    I thought about my post afterwards. We all need an escape of some kind. I probably watch too much news, and I am way too serious for my own good which is evident on this forum. I hope your show continues, and maybe I should take your lead, and chill a little. I, recently, misplaced my sense of humor, but found it tonight! Thank goodness!
    ​​Like I said. JMO, yo! - Roman
    If you ignore the trolls, they starve. - Wishbone

And, confirmed. Supergirl to the CW channel.

http://www.thewrap.com/supergirl-mov...e-cw-season-2/

Good. Show lives on and I don't have to sit through Grandma commercials on Old People TV.

I also like this show - it's not hyper corny like super hero shows usually are, and I was surprised by the fact that I like Calista Flockhart's character, when at first I thought she'd be a completely two-dimensional perennial bitch.

The downside is, migration to a lesser network *probably* means her departure.
    “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    I also like this show - it's not hyper corny like super hero shows usually are, and I was surprised by the fact that I like Calista Flockhart's character, when at first I thought she'd be a completely two-dimensional perennial bitch.

The downside is, migration to a lesser network *probably* means her departure.
    I felt like it was a hyper corny weekly feministic hype show....couldn't really get into it, but I'm glad it is there. IMO the more Superhero shows the better.

The CW is growing rapidly, and that's directly from Arrow and Flash....so Supergirl is probably where it should be now....it will be in good hands.
    All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day - Mr. J

Quote Originally Posted by thurley42 View Post
    I felt like it was a hyper corny weekly feministic hype show....couldn't really get into it, but I'm glad it is there. IMO the more Superhero shows the better.
    The girl-power mantra is strong with this show. Not that it puts me off, but it is definitely in your face.

I watch because I like he way she rips her shirt open to reveal the SuperGirl outfit. I'm hoping one of these days she'll do that and have forgotten to put on the super suit.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Members who have read this thread: 18