Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 'Supergirl' moving from CBS to CW

Mon-El had Ms. Tessmacher up on the copy machine last evening.
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

Keep Calm and Don't Care! DipStick's Avatar
    Getting real sick of the PC social commentary bull#### getting rammed down my throat, CW. I watch TV to be entertained.

Now I see why Trump was elected.
    Fix NASCAR: Build a short track.

Quote Originally Posted by DipStick View Post
    Getting real sick of the PC social commentary bull#### getting rammed down my throat, CW. I watch TV to be entertained.

Now I see why Trump was elected.
    Yes, but was seeing Alex and Maggie kiss hot?

Quote Originally Posted by jazz lady View Post
    Hmm...lather, rinse, repeat...
    Hmm...aren't you guilty of the same thing you are accusing me of? (You have posted this same response in several threads). Yes, yes you are, but I guess you don't realize it; as in you are a hypocrite. Give it up, jazzy. Laissez les bon temps roulez!
    Last edited by littlelady; 11-17-2016 at 02:40 AM.
    ​​Like I said. JMO, yo! - Roman
    If you ignore the trolls, they starve. - Wishbone

Watching on the CW app...

So now this show is just gonna be Supergirl getting tortured and needing to be saved every week by other characters, and the plot itself will center around the other characters?

This is jumping the shark, quickly.

Oh, and kudos to Alex for telling that bitch off.

I might start watching them now though. Supergirl has actually gotten better since being moved off the A-list network.
    Probably because the CW is a perfect fit for the show. We like CBS, but the sad truth is - it's the old folk's network. Its largest demographic is still an older one.
    That's ok. NCIS and Big Bang are still good, but to survive on CBS also means, you have to appeal to the audience that is watching.

The CW is another network they own that DOES make shows of that kind that appeal to a younger set.
    And it's long been the home of superhero shows.
    “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

So now this show is just gonna be Supergirl getting tortured and needing to be saved every week by other characters, and the plot itself will center around the other characters?
    In the comics, Superman conjectures that she is actually even stronger than he is. It's just a matter of time.
    But shows like this don't survive without an ensemble cast. That does mean from time to time, someone else wins.

The only part that doesn't really appeal to me is so much of the social interaction among the leads.
    I guess sometimes it's just a bit too - girly - for me.
    “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    Probably because the CW is a perfect fit for the show. We like CBS, but the sad truth is - it's the old folk's network. Its largest demographic is still an older one.
    That's ok. NCIS and Big Bang are still good, but to survive on CBS also means, you have to appeal to the audience that is watching.

The CW is another network they own that DOES make shows of that kind that appeal to a younger set.
    And it's long been the home of superhero shows.
    In partnership with Warner Brothers; don't forget WB; also the previous name of the network.
    If all you are gonna do is give me grief about what I post DON'T READ IT Heh? Have a nice day :-D

I almost gave up on this show after how awful the Guardian subplot was and the forced Alex/Maggie subplot, but last night's episode was really really good. Probably the best episode in the series yet.

And Melissa Benoist gets hotter every episode.

The writers are trying so hard to make James Olsen a relevant character, that it's getting tiring. As for Alex/Maggie, I agree. They could have drawn out that budding relationship, culminating in the "we're now a couple" reveal at the end of the season.

I'm actually kinda looking forward to the Supergirl/Flash musical crossover.

Members who have read this thread: 26