Captain America’s ‘heterosexual virility’ lamented by Vanity Fair

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Captain America’s ‘heterosexual virility’ lamented by Vanity Fair

Robinson said directors Joe and Anthony Russo should not have said fans may “interpret the relationship [with Bucky] however they want to interpret it” since the character explicitly makes clear his attraction to women.

“As if to put the nail in the coffin of speculation, Bucky and Cap paused for a moment in the middle of snowy Siberia to reminisce about their days chasing skirts in pre-War Brooklyn,” Ms. Robinson wrote Sunday. “It’s a sweet, human bonding moment but one that also bristles with heterosexual virility. If Disney isn’t inclined to give audiences a gay superhero, couldn’t they have at least left us the dream of Bucky and Cap? … Doesn’t ‘Captain America: Civil War’ go out of its way to “define” Bucky and Steve’s relationship when Cap smooches Sharon Carter (Emily VanCamp) while Bucky looks on approvingly? Where’s the room for interpretation in that moment?”

Readers at the media curation website Twitchy said it would have been a huge mistake for Marvel Studios to tinker with the character’s sexuality.

“When [writers] alter an existing character with decades of history to make the PC crowd happy, then it’s complete garbage because it’s blatant pandering,” a reader identified as Joe said.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
"Virility" - just another human trait the homosexual communi-tuh! will never be able to experience or enjoy, by any definition of the word:

virility
noun vi·ril·i·ty \və-ˈri-lə-tē,
Definition of virility

: the quality or state of being virile:
a : manhood 3
b : manly vigor : masculinity

virility
noun vi·ril·i·ty
Medical Definition of virility

plural virilities

: the quality or state of being virile: as
a: the period of developed manhood
b: the capacity to function as a male in copulation

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Indeed, I am so tired of characters being rewritten #because reasons

you want a GLBSTG Muslim superhero ok fine, write a new one don't go about mucking with tradition and history

This woman is whining about the sexuality of...a cartoon character.

I don't even know what to say about that.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
How about in the movies they make Black Widow and Scarlet witch lesbians?
cp30_keep_calm_and_go_all_in_1.jpg