doodle dogs

Midnightrider

meh, that's how all new breeds get started, they are crossbred to get characteristics you want and then once you have that you breed them together trying to keep that type of dog going. Once you get a breed that can be bred with itself and maintain the traits you have a new breed.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I actually LOVE Labradoodles and think they provide the best of both breeds. I know the difference between a mutt and a purebred but I am also not so shallow to walk around describing any animal as a "purebred" even if they are... because it really doesn't matter and by saying so, it sounds like one is being a purebred snob. :ohwell:

As far as temperament, you can get a poor temperament from a purebred or a mutt.... it just depends on so many other factors at play. When you really sit down and think about it, every dog breed has pros and cons.

I have a designer/ hybrid dog. My son brought her home and of course, he quickly realized he didn't have the time he thought he would for her..... so... she started shadowing me around and quickly became my dog. :biggrin:

I had been wanting another dog and in some ways so was my husband but I think we were just hoping one would knock on our door... kinda the same way we ended up with 2 of our cats and 1 of our dogs.

Anyway, back to my hybrid dog. She's a 2 year old Bugg and a cross between a Pugg and a Boston Terrier but unlike a Labradoodle, you really cannot be sure how some hybrids will turn out and a Bugg is a prime example of my point. As you can see in this link, they can be of various colors; some with ears up; some more Pug; some more Boston; http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/buggs.htm

I didn't set out to have a certain kind of dog. I just wanted one to click in our life and this one does.

My girl is brindle in color and seems to be a perfect cross of a Pugg and Boston. We just love her to pieces.

Attachments

• Bugg .jpg
    Bugg .jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 186

littlelady

God bless the USA
Dakota, I like your post, and your Bugg is adorable! I have posted before that I have a Labradoodle named Daisy. I do want to add that she seems hypo-allergenic on her own, but any dog that goes outside is exposed to pollen, dust, grass, etc. and brings stuff in on their coats. Also, Daisy doesn't shed, but when her coat changed from puppy to adult, her fur did fall off in big curly clumps. Not that bad to clean up.

I would, also, like to add that Daisy is a sweetheart, very loving, loyal, and very trainable. She is, also, extremely smart. She is the only dog we ever paid for; we always owned rescues (cat and dog). We did it for our daughter who is highly allergic, and she ended up getting one of Daisy's bros. It has all worked out really well. As far as health issues, there are none, but she is young; just turned a year old. She is a medium size Labradoodle. Her mom is a labradoodle and her dad was a poodle, and we did get certification on both parents. Daisy is a 3rd generation pup, and she is not a Frankenstein! :lol:

Attachments

• daisy.png
    daisy.png
    54.8 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:

frequentflier

happy to be living
I actually LOVE Labradoodles and think they provide the best of both breeds. I know the difference between a mutt and a purebred but I am also not so shallow to walk around describing any animal as a "purebred" even if they are... because it really doesn't matter and by saying so, it sounds like one is being a purebred snob. :ohwell:

As far as temperament, you can get a poor temperament from a purebred or a mutt.... it just depends on so many other factors at play. When you really sit down and think about it, every dog breed has pros and cons.

I have a designer/ hybrid dog. My son brought her home and of course, he quickly realized he didn't have the time he thought he would for her..... so... she started shadowing me around and quickly became my dog. :biggrin:

I had been wanting another dog and in some ways so was my husband but I think we were just hoping one would knock on our door... kinda the same way we ended up with 2 of our cats and 1 of our dogs.

Anyway, back to my hybrid dog. She's a 2 year old Bugg and a cross between a Pugg and a Boston Terrier but unlike a Labradoodle, you really cannot be sure how some hybrids will turn out and a Bugg is a prime example of my point. As you can see in this link, they can be of various colors; some with ears up; some more Pug; some more Boston; http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/buggs.htm

I didn't set out to have a certain kind of dog. I just wanted one to click in our life and this one does.

My girl is brindle in color and seems to be a perfect cross of a Pugg and Boston. We just love her to pieces.

Cute!

frequentflier

happy to be living
Dakota, I like your post, and your Bugg is adorable! I have posted before that I have a Labradoodle named Daisy. I do want to add that she seems hypo-allergenic on her own, but any dog that goes outside is exposed to pollen, dust, grass, etc. and brings stuff in on their coats. Also, Daisy doesn't shed, but when her coat changed from puppy to adult, her fur did fall off in big curly clumps. Not that bad to clean up.

I would, also, like to add that Daisy is a sweetheart, very loving, loyal, and very trainable. She is, also, extremely smart. She is the only dog we ever paid for; we always owned rescues (cat and dog). We did it for our daughter who is highly allergic, and she ended up getting one of Daisy's bros. It has all worked out really well. As far as health issues, there are none, but she is young; just turned a year old. She is a medium size Labradoodle. Her mom is a labradoodle and her dad was a poodle, and we did get certification on both parents. Daisy is a 3rd generation pup, and she is not a Frankenstein! :lol:

Also cute!