Charcoal soap

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have a synthetic sponge I use to blend my makeup, and after a few uses it gets goopy and nasty. Normally I wash it with my regular face cleanser, or with hand soap, which gets goop out but still leaves the sponge discolored. Today I washed it with my new charcoal face soap and.....it looks like brand new.

So I'm thinking that if it cleans the goober out of my makeup sponge, it's cleaning my face better as well.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
I have a synthetic sponge I use to blend my makeup, and after a few uses it gets goopy and nasty. Normally I wash it with my regular face cleanser, or with hand soap, which gets goop out but still leaves the sponge discolored. Today I washed it with my new charcoal face soap and.....it looks like brand new.

So I'm thinking that if it cleans the goober out of my makeup sponge, it's cleaning my face better as well.

I've never heard of charcoal face soap. Any particular reason you use this vs. other face washes? I currently use Noxzema wash with the scrubby things in it. Not too harsh so you can use it everyday.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I love this stuff! :yahoo: SheaMoisture puts out lots of great charcoal soap products. I currently have the body wash in my shower. I like body washes with those scrubby bits in them. I've never been into the super girly smelly toiletries so I'm mostly attracted to charcoal soap for the smell, but it's great for keeping my skin feeling clean, fresh, and soft too.

I always find them at Target. I'm almost out anyways, and have been wanting to grab that facial mask too.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

I've never heard of charcoal soap. I looked it up, but there are so many brands.

What brand do you use?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I've never been loyal to any face cleanser. Whatever comes in my Birchbox or Glambag has always been fine, or samples from Sephora, etc. I had been using an olive oil bar that I got at Whole Foods, and a Lush honey oatmeal bar that my daughter sent me. But I stopped by this little store and I'm a sucker for supporting the local artisans, so I picked up a goat's milk charcoal soap that's made at some farm here in TN.

I was just surprised at how well it cleaned that sponge.