Maybe We Should Always Show Pictures .....

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
maybe.jpg

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Maybe we should take advantage of the numerous living history museums and national parks that are in this country. Or hey! I know! We could pay attention in history class in school!

Dear Jon Stewart: not everyone in this country is ignorant of history. Perhaps you need to hang out with a better class of people.

tommyjo

Maybe we should take advantage of the numerous living history museums and national parks that are in this country. Or hey! I know! We could pay attention in history class in school!

Dear Jon Stewart: not everyone in this country is ignorant of history. Perhaps you need to hang out with a better class of people.

Says the board mommy to this group...who supports Donald Trump?

Glass houses...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Glass houses...

Sweet cheeks...you said you were going to fix me a sammich. What are you doing posting instead??

Bring a washcloth with the sammich too...there's a nice girl.

SamSpade

That's why some of us have never forgotten that Monday is Memorial Day and not National Barbecue Day.

Hijinx

Glass houses...

How can anyone support Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders and then be stupid enough to belittle others who will vote for Trump?
It boggles the mind.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Pictures are not war any more than a snap shot of the back yard BBQ tells the story of the people there, their relationships. To get that, you gotta talk to people, ask questions, challenge folks, dig a little.

I'm fine with pics but what Stewart is really saying is that journalism is not doing very well with their 1,000 words per pic ratio.

Hessian

I'm going to guess that if I post photos of aborted children with severed arms, organs splattered on a tray, and fully formed fingers and cute ears...that certain people would say we shouldn't show pictures anymore....

Hijinx

I'm going to guess that if I post photos of aborted children with severed arms, organs splattered on a tray, and fully formed fingers and cute ears...that certain people would say we shouldn't show pictures anymore....

You would be right. They don't even want to look at Ultra sound pictures because they may start to see that these are little humans.

Hessian

This is a intelligent approach to a horrific topic. A Live Action reporter asked Millennials about their Abortion opinions. After getting the typical pro-Abortion position,...they are asked to watch a CARTOON of the procedure.

Response...stunned change of opinion....sort of a Harriet Beecher Stowe awakening.
The MSM has tried for YEARS to squash anything like this...well, MSM is being ignored by millennials and some are finally seeing the light:

http://liveaction.org/

TheLibertonian

This is a intelligent approach to a horrific topic. A Live Action reporter asked Millennials about their Abortion opinions. After getting the typical pro-Abortion position,...they are asked to watch a CARTOON of the procedure.

Response...stunned change of opinion....sort of a Harriet Beecher Stowe awakening.
The MSM has tried for YEARS to squash anything like this...well, MSM is being ignored by millennials and some are finally seeing the light:

http://liveaction.org/

So I assume you're against the death penalty and war then.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
that is generally the left

I am very much pro-abortion and even I understand that a human fetus is not the equivalent of someone who is so violent and criminal that they actually managed to get a death sentence.

TheLibertonian

I am very much pro-abortion and even I understand that a human fetus is not the equivalent of someone who is so violent and criminal that they actually managed to get a death sentence.

If the argument is "all death is abhorrent and look how nasty death is we should show it" I'm totally in favor of that. After all, it is abhorrent.

Every time someone starts calling for us to declare war let's show them death. Every time someone starts calling for someone to be killed let's show them death.

If they can face the images and still call for it, well bully. Shows they have some form of moral fortitude.

Last edited:

Hijinx

Who was making that argument?

The boy just likes to argue. It doesn't have to be a point or make sense , this forum has become a drug for him to help with his addiction to argumentation.
Poor kid I actually feel sorry for him. Addiction is a terrible thing.