Crime Driver almost hit 2 Motorcycles in Leonardtown today

wintersprings

Here is what I saw at 2:50PM in Leonardtown today, May 29th. If I had a dash cam it would have been recorded.

Car in pictures, moving toward Leonardtown on HY5, he passed the McDonalds, turned right toward Brenton bay (HY243), he then cuts across the road, almost hit Motorcycle #1, gets back on HY5 and almost hits a second Motorcycle. He did that to jump the light that was red for him. I then had the wife Take 2 pictures, its raining so they are not so good.
Then at HY5 and Washington Street, he pulls threw the Gas Station and cuts across Washington Street and back on HY5. No close calls there, again he did it to jump the red light.

Last we saw him was in Callaway on HY5 where he turned onto Piney Point Road.

Any way to turn this bad driver in? He almost killed 2 folks today.

Attachments

• car1 full size.jpg
    car1 full size.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 466
  • car1 may 29 at 250pm.jpg
    car1 may 29 at 250pm.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 431
  • car2 may 29 2016.jpg
    car2 may 29 2016.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 388

Restless

I'm not really sure what you can do. Perhaps you could forward this post to the State police barracks in Leonardtown. Maybe they have a way to enlarge the license plate number. I'm not sure they could fine him unless they actually saw the event though. :(

glhs837

Power with Control
In other news, while doing bozos like this all day yesterday going up to Baltimore and back, I probably got retinal burns from all the freaking lasers I got hit with by officers doing speed enforcement

tommyjo

Here is what I saw at 2:50PM in Leonardtown today, May 29th. If I had a dash cam it would have been recorded.

Car in pictures, moving toward Leonardtown on HY5, he passed the McDonalds, turned right toward Brenton bay (HY243), he then cuts across the road, almost hit Motorcycle #1, gets back on HY5 and almost hits a second Motorcycle. He did that to jump the light that was red for him. I then had the wife Take 2 pictures, its raining so they are not so good.
Then at HY5 and Washington Street, he pulls threw the Gas Station and cuts across Washington Street and back on HY5. No close calls there, again he did it to jump the red light.

Last we saw him was in Callaway on HY5 where he turned onto Piney Point Road.

So you have a picture of cars on a road? And you make this post on here? Exactly what do you think you are going to accomplish with a picture of a car on a road and a post on an internet website?

wintersprings

with a picture of a car on a road and a post on an internet website?

Well if we get lucky someone will recognize the car and in the future this reckless driver will not Kill ME or a friend as they are sitting in jail.

BernieP

Resident PIA

I feel your pain. But I seriously doubt the State Police or Sheriff's Department would entertain your complaint. I believe they would tell you that a duly sworn officer would have to witness the act.
Look at it this way, they don't know that you haven't fabricated the story over some road rage incident.
Sad part is, if there was an accident then your testimony would be considered valid.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
dash cams are for 'after the fact' if you are in or witness an accident ... not an almost

and posting funny stuff on the internet

glhs837

Power with Control
Yep, confronting a crazy person in a 4,000lb enclosed piece of metal is always the smart move when you are on a motorcycle. If you do so, please have an egress plan ready to go.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Yep, confronting a crazy person in a 4,000lb enclosed piece of metal is always the smart move when you are on a motorcycle. If you do so, please have an egress plan ready to go.

It was either Saturday morning (or Sunday), CBS news did a piece on road rage. Featured a young girl who was a passenger in the backseat of a car that pissed off another driver that led to a chase. She now is in a wheel chair and one of the other friends is dead. Both drivers went to jail.

Take away, don't try and be a vigilante and confront in anyone an A-hole on the road. Chances are they will be a bigger A-hole.

BernieP

Resident PIA
this thread reminds me of pet peeve (driving related), 1107.1

People who act like traffic nannies.

Yes, you, who decides that you will "block" another vehicle because you think they are breaking some "rule".

Case in point, the people who drift over into the turn lane to prevent you from passing - yes, I'm actually making a turn 100 feet up the road, so why are you straddling the solid white line?
Oh, and before you ask, it's obvious, they drift over as you approach and I've seen it on long left turn lanes as well.