Orange Turd took advantage of program designed to help small businesses after 9/11.....

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/donald-trump-9-11-funds-program-net-150g-payday-article-1.2641951

"Donald Trump made a pretty penny off a program to help small businesses hurt by 9/11, one of many times where The Donald took advantage of government programs to save or make money off the taxpayer.

The self-proclaimed billionaire, who has so far refused to release his tax returns, was one of many wealthy individuals and businesses who used a loophole in a program intended to help smaller companies in lower Manhattan recover after the Sept. 11 tragedy.

Trump got $150,000 for his swanky property at 40 Wall Street because the Empire State Development Corporation, run by the state, didn't enforce federal guidelines on what defines a small business. Instead, the state used much looser rules that let The Donald and others including Morgan Stanley and Bank of China take money that was earmarked by Congress to help small business owners in the neighborhood recover after the tragic attacks, a 2006 Daily News expose found."

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What's wrong with Trump taking advantage of government programs? Is he not an American and entitled to the same benefits and protections as anyone else? I don't understand this outrage.

Midnightrider

What's wrong with Trump taking advantage of government programs? Is he not an American and entitled to the same benefits and protections as anyone else? I don't understand this outrage.
But you are outraged over poor people getting food stamps and welfare. Talk about your moral inconsistencies :killingme

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
But you are outraged over poor people getting food stamps and welfare.

Well, no. I've taken heat on here a number of times for saying that I'm okay with people getting help when they need it, that that's what it's there for. It's the ones who become dependent and make no effort to become self-sufficient that I get outraged about.

That wasn't even a nice try because you totally made that up out of the blue with no basis in reality.

Midnightrider

Well, no. I've taken heat on here a number of times for saying that I'm okay with people getting help when they need it, that that's what it's there for. It's the ones who become dependent and make no effort to become self-sufficient that I get outraged about.

That wasn't even a nice try because you totally made that up out of the blue with no basis in reality.

:killingme

Trump taking what he doesn't need, 'right on'. Poor taking what they need for longer than you deem they should 'fry them'

Hijinx

Trump taking what he doesn't need, 'right on'. Poor taking what they need for longer than you deem they should 'fry them'

Did Diane Feinstein's husband take money he didn't need when he sold off Post Office properties.

It isn't so bad when you guys point out what Trump has done---although you have yet to point to anything illegal, but you ignore what your friends are doing.

littlelady

God bless the USA

That made no sense, whatsoever. Don't ever call me crazy again. You are the kookoo one. :crazy:

Edit: Do you even understand that capitalism is what makes our country run and churns out the money? Do you not understand that people that don't contribute are draining the money? Why don't you start a thread about the Vanderbilts, Carnagies, etc. and explain to us why those entrepreneurs didn't help make America great and strong. You live that life today, but want to join in tearing it down. Like I said, don't ever call me kookoo again, unless you are willing to wear that label, too.

One more edit: Did you happen to watch the Jesse Watters' segment tonight? There are students at Columbia U that could not define capitalism. That is scary as shiat!

Last edited:

PsyOps

Pixelated

Trump EARNING what he doesn't need, 'right on'. Poor taking what they need for longer than you deem they should 'fry them'

:fixed:

Who are you to define what someone needs and doesn't need? Don't ever try to tell us you're a fiscal conservative; because what you just spouted right here is at the core of the left's philosophy.

Midnightrider

:fixed:

Who are you to define what someone needs and doesn't need? Don't ever try to tell us you're a fiscal conservative; because what you just spouted right here is at the core of the left's philosophy.

So taking a grant intended for small businesses when you dont meet that definition is 'earning it'? It sounds like you are the one spouting the leftist philosophy :yay:

PsyOps

Pixelated
So taking a grant intended for small businesses when you dont meet that definition is 'earning it'? It sounds like you are the one spouting the leftist philosophy :yay:

You're sucking up BS anti-Trump propaganda. What you're asserting is Trump did something illegal. Was he charged with anything?

You comment played right into the leftist class warfare mentality.

Midnightrider

You're sucking up BS anti-Trump propaganda. What you're asserting is Trump did something illegal. Was he charged with anything?

You comment played right into the leftist class warfare mentality.

where did i say he did something illegal?
do you consider trump as 'small business'?
how is taking a grant 'earning' it?

PsyOps

Pixelated

The grant was for $150,000 out of billions that were handed out. There were other large corps that took advantage of this as well. The program allowed for it. You want to make issue out of that as if Trump hasn't earned his billions, then your definition of 'earned' is completely skewed from reality.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

You are insinuating that he did something wrong by taking advantage of a program that he was eligible for.
It wasn't up to Psy to define "small business" when it came to these grants.
He earned it by having his own corporation that was eligible for federal grants.

I don't understand why you think Trump is wrong for getting what every other American in his position is eligible for. I suppose you think he shouldn't get Social Security, either?