Franzen Real Estate Building

Been out of town for a bit, just saw the Franzen place on 235 burned out. When did that happen?

OH... I remember that now. I haven't driven past there in a while, thought it was something new.

Thanx.

So, it's been almost 6 months and this huge burned out hulk of an eyesore remains on the main road to the base and town. Nothing is being done about it.

What crap!

If I was looking for a realtor I certainly wouldn't throw my business to a company so incompetent that they can't fix their own office for 6 months after a fire. I don't care if it is an insurance problem - fix it. And, if your business relies on a subpar insurance company what does that tell prospective customers about your business acumen?

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
So, it's been almost 6 months and this huge burned out hulk of an eyesore remains on the main road to the base and town. Nothing is being done about it.

What crap!

If I was looking for a realtor I certainly wouldn't throw my business to a company so incompetent that they can't fix their own office for 6 months after a fire. I don't care if it is an insurance problem - fix it. And, if your business relies on a subpar insurance company what does that tell prospective customers about your business acumen?

You have obviously never had to deal with insurance companies, engineering companies, architects, LUGM, finance companies, fire marshals, lawsuits, lawyers, etc.
You also sound like a competitor trying to throw sh!t around.

PS I have no interest in Franzen realty, but I did have a business burn down. Not fun.

Far from it chumly. I just get tired of seeing a burned out building on the main drag. While I have thankfully never had to deal with such an event I would hope my insurance company wouldn't take half a year to fix my house if it burned, I know they took less than 24 hours on an auto claim.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Far from it chumly. I just get tired of seeing a burned out building on the main drag. While I have thankfully never had to deal with such an event I would hope my insurance company wouldn't take half a year to fix my house if it burned, I know they took less than 24 hours on an auto claim.

What about the old steak house building next to the Tackle Box? It has been empty for quite some time, soon to be morphed into something else. Comments?

officeguy

What crap!

Lots of possibilities that are outside of the building owners control.
- insurance company arbitration between the car insurer and the buildings hazard insurance.
- permitting issues relating to a teardown.

You know nothing about the reasons for the slight delay in rebuilding yet you are running your mouth. Got to wonder where this malice comes from. Did the owner run off with your girlfriend or something ?

Last edited:

PeoplesElbow

If you have ever built a house you know all the BS you have to go through, tearing one down takes far more. Is there lead paint, asbestos, hazmat....