Father supports ex-Stanford student convicted of sexual assault .....

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
http://www.rawstory.com/2016/06/father-supports-ex-stanford-student-convicted-of-sexual-assault/

"The father of the ex-Stanford University athlete convicted on multiple charges of sexual assault spoke out in support of his son, saying he should not have to go to prison for “20 minutes of action.”

The 20-year-old from Ohio was convicted of three felonies including assault with intent to commit rape of an intoxicated woman, sexually penetrating an intoxicated person with a foreign object and sexually penetrating an unconscious person with a foreign object.

Brock Turner was sentenced to six months of imprisonment and probation when facing a maximum sentence of up to 14 years in prison. On Thursday, Judge Aaron Perksy said Turner was expected to serve a prison time of three months, citing positive character references and a lack of criminal record as influences for leniency. The judge added that prison would have “a severe impact” on Turner.

An excerpt of a statement written by Turner’s father was tweeted by Michele Dauber, a professor of Law at Stanford University. In his statement, the elder Turner insisted that his son’s life had “been deeply altered forever.”

“He will never be his happy go lucky self with that easy going personality and welcoming smile,” Dan A. Turner wrote of his son. “His every waking minute is consumed with worry, anxiety, fear, and depression. You can see this in his face, the way he walks, his weakened voice, his lack of appetite.” ".....>

glhs837

Power with Control
Hmmm, wonder if the effects on his victim lasted only 20 minutes? Bet they last longer than 14 years.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Read the account written by Brock's victim. It's powerful. She details the questioning that she endured by the defense lawyer. No wonder many rape victims are reluctant to go to trial as your entire life is open to public scrutiny.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Read the account written by Brock's victim. It's powerful. She details the questioning that she endured by the defense lawyer. No wonder many rape victims are reluctant to go to trial as your entire life is open to public scrutiny.

If women wouldn't falsely accuse men of rape, there wouldn't be such scrutiny. And then there's the trend of getting drunk and picking up some guy at a bar, taking him home and banging his lights out, then claiming the next day that he raped you because you wish you weren't such a drunken slut.

If women have a traumatic time getting justice after being raped, they have other women to thank for that.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
If women wouldn't falsely accuse men of rape, there wouldn't be such scrutiny. And then there's the trend of getting drunk and picking up some guy at a bar, taking him home and banging his lights out, then claiming the next day that he raped you because you wish you weren't such a drunken slut.

If women have a traumatic time getting justice after being raped, they have other women to thank for that.

There is truth to your statement.

IMHO, in this particular case, Daddy doesn't want to see his pansy ass slowflake son get the same in return in prison.

PeoplesElbow

I never understood the idea of a woman can be too drunk to consent but a man can never be too drunk for something to be his fault.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Reminds me of the Affluenza case. Any bets on how long it will be before he breaks his probation?

Hijinx

I don't know what the father is bitching about. IMO the kid got away clean.

Prison is supposed to have a severe impact on people who rape.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I don't know what the father is bitching about. IMO the kid got away clean.

Prison is supposed to have a severe impact on people who rape.

I have been watching this story. The thing that stands out to me is the look on the kid's face (arrogance), and the fact that he was chewing gum in court. It is so obvious he has no respect at all for anything.

Hank

my war
I have been watching this story. The thing that stands out to me is the look on the kid's face (arrogance), and the fact that he was chewing gum in court. It is so obvious he has no respect at all for anything.

Someone will end up ####ing that dude up...

There are plenty of people who are rightfully considered worthless scumbags for far less than '20 minutes of action.' Prisons are populated with criminals who will never again live a day on the outside, and rightfully so, even though their crimes amounted to less than '20 minutes of action.' If this man's son was not an evil POS he would not have been capable of those particular '20 minutes of action.' That is, in my view, axiomatic.

Anyway... let me see if I've got this straight... a man who raised (or perhaps more so failed to raise) a rapist has now tried to excuse, or otherwise minimize, the rape that his son committed. He thinks his rapist son deserves less punishment than the meager punishment he received. I suppose there's no surprise in that. There are, after all, surely reasons why his son turned out to be a rapist. And the father's recent comments, his view of the situation, might just provide some insight into what those reasons are. Rather, they might just be the equivalent of a gigantic flashing neon sign that reads: If you're wondering how this boy became a man capable of rape, you need look no further ----->

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Who do you suppose the boy learned from?

There are plenty of people who are rightfully considered worthless scumbags for far less than '20 minutes of action.' Prisons are populated with criminals who will never again live a day on the outside, and rightfully so, even though their crimes amounted to less than '20 minutes of action.' If this man's son was not an evil POS he would not have been capable of those particular '20 minutes of action.' That is, in my view, axiomatic.

Anyway... let me see if I've got this straight... a man who raised (or perhaps more so failed to raise) a rapist has now tried to excuse, or otherwise minimize, the rape that his son committed. He thinks his rapist son deserves less punishment than the meager punishment he received. I suppose there's no surprise in that. There are, after all, surely reasons why his son turned out to be a rapist. And the father's recent comments, his view of the situation, might just provide some insight into what those reasons are. Rather, they might just be the equivalent of a gigantic flashing neon sign that reads: If you're wondering how this boy became a man capable of rape, you need look no further ----->

littlelady

God bless the USA
Someone will end up ####ing that dude up...

As it should be. People like this kid are as bad as pedophiles. They prey on the weak and innocent because they think they are above it all, egotistical, and untouchable; so to speak. Reminds me of the current Dem prez candidate and her hub. No, I won't turn this into a political thread, but the similarities are obvious. Power and money is everything.

Also, to address Tilt's, Rose's and others comments, this was learned behavior from the parents. The audacity of the dad's comments left me in shock.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Can we also say that the moral of this story is to not get so freaking drunk when you're at a party with strangers that you black out and bad things can happen to you? This woman was old enough to know better, and she did it anyway. I don't believe her disingenuous, "Oh, I forgot I couldn't hold my booze like I did in college" excuse. Nobody "forgets" that they can't hang when they're at a party they supposedly didn't want to be at with a bunch of people they don't know.

Go ahead, get your screaming out of the way...

Done?

Good.

Sorry, I don't believe her story. It doesn't excuse what this punk did, and it surely doesn't excuse his POS "dad", but she is not as blameless as she is trying to pretend. A more likely story is that she went to the party, got #### faced drunk of her own volition, used her impaired judgment to pick up some kid, and when she passed out his drunken poor judgment assaulted her anyway. Technically, he didn't "rape" her because he did not have sexual intercourse with her - my guess is that he was so drunk his chit didn't work. I don't think you have to be some super detective to piece together what most likely happened, based on the report, Turner's testimony, and the letter the woman wrote.

Being neither here nor there, this is a great time to remind our daughters and any other young woman you care about that her safety is her responsibility and nobody else's, and becoming incapacitated around a group of strange drunken men almost never has a happy ending.