Fitzies Dock of the Bay

luvmygdaughters

Rode over on Saturday afternoon, beautiful day, sitting outside having a beer. We were going to try the seafood buffet, but, their special for the day was a softshell. Had to go with that and I wasn't disappointed. It was very good.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Great to hear! Haven't stopped by in several years even though I'm at B. I.'s fairly regularly...due for a visit. I've never had their seafood buffet. Any reviews?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I used to love Fitzie's. We'd go out on the boat and hit them up for lunch and liquid refreshment.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
We're always in a boat when we stop there too. Since we always have the dog with us, we get everything to go too. Never been disappointed.

glhs837

Power with Control
Was just there with the wife and son about two weeks back, was great al always. Wish it was closer, but worth the drive.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Coles Pt. Tavern is rocking in the new season too. I'm thinking we'll have to make a "connect the dots" run on the river soon, now that fuel is reasonable again.

luvmygdaughters

Coles Pt. Tavern is rocking in the new season too. I'm thinking we'll have to make a "connect the dots" run on the river soon, now that fuel is reasonable again.

Its been ages since I went to Coles Point. Used to be a group of us that would go over on Johnny Hall's broadwater. Never had a bad time!!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Its been ages since I went to Coles Point. Used to be a group of us that would go over on Johnny Hall's broadwater. Never had a bad time!!

Chris is really cranking some great food out of that little tavern kitchen. Heard they were overwhelmed over Memorial Day weekend though...people couldn't get in or had to wait a long time to get served. Not surprising, and why we stayed at Tall Timbers instead.

And no....can't say I've ever heard a "bad review" of any of Johnny's river cruises.

Wait..there was one...ended rather abruptly after a collision with a navigation aid, as I recall. :lmao:

wineo

loving life
Went to Coles Point Tavern Sat after leaving Capt John's at Cobb Island. Didn't make it to the New Coles Point Marina yet, but neighbors said it was good. Service a little slow, but that is to be expected at first. Hope they do well. Look forward to a trip across the river to give them a try.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
We haven't been to the "new" restaurant either. We miss the Moorings over at Kinsale...would be good to see something that nice at the Coles Point marina. Plus..it's so close. ;-)

luvmygdaughters

Chris is really cranking some great food out of that little tavern kitchen. Heard they were overwhelmed over Memorial Day weekend though...people couldn't get in or had to wait a long time to get served. Not surprising, and why we stayed at Tall Timbers instead.

And no....can't say I've ever heard a "bad review" of any of Johnny's river cruises.

Wait..there was one...ended rather abruptly after a collision with a navigation aid, as I recall. :lmao:

Yep, I was on his boat that night. Got the scar on the forehead to prove it.:lmao:

luvmygdaughters

:huggy:

Small world.

Sure is, we went to Dock of the Bay the next day, to watch them pull the boat. I had to laugh, people who were watching swore that he must've been drunk to hit that buoy, if they only knew, Johnny never drank anything stronger than coffee or soda. He had actually left the wheel to find a soda for my mother to mix her drink. He thought he was farther out than he was.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
if they only knew, Johnny never drank anything stronger than coffee or soda. He had actually left the wheel to find a soda for my mother to mix her drink. He thought he was farther out than he was.

I know. We shot darts together as members of T's Cove Team #2 for years (our team motto: "We got knocked out of last place once..but managed to claw our way back"). And we were also kindred "Ford nut" spirits...something Boots inherited too, of course. We swapped parts, engines, etc. I did a ton of work on Boots' last drag boat build..the beautiful black one that Pat Oliver painted...that Boots never got to finish...:frown:

Johnny drank a LOT of coffee too.

Last edited:

luvmygdaughters

I know. We shot darts together as members of T's Cove Team #2 for years (our team motto: "We got knocked out of last place once..but managed to claw our way back"). And we were also kindred "Ford nut" spirits...something Boots inherited too, of course. We swapped parts, engines, etc. I did a ton of work on Boots' last drag boat build..the beautiful black one that Pat Oliver painted...that Boots never got to finish...:frown:

Johnny drank a LOT of coffee too.

Oh Boy, Loved T's cove food. Especially when Tom and Trish would have their Mexican night! Also went to brunch a few times on Sunday's when my father had his boat. Yep, shame about Boots. Not sure how Dale or JW are doing, haven't seen anyone in quite some time. Always had a lot of fun and good times with them all though.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Oh Boy, Loved T's cove food. Especially when Tom and Trish would have their Mexican night! Also went to brunch a few times on Sunday's when my father had his boat.

I lived at the end of Brown Rd back in those days (argh..30 years ago.. ;-( ). T's was always a short ride around the point. Problem was..so were so many other places on the water..we never knew when to stop; we'd keep going from there and get back at 9 the next morning sometimes. The "good ole days"..LOL Andy, Boots and I covered a lot of river back in those days. At night. Running fast.

Last edited:

luvmygdaughters

I lived at the end of Brown Rd back in those days (argh..30 years ago.. ;-( ). T's was always a short ride around the point. Problem was..so were so many other places on the water..we never knew when to stop; we'd keep going from there and get back at 9 the next morning sometimes. The "good ole days"..LOL Andy, Boots and I covered a lot of river back in those days. At night. Running fast.

Those were the days! Sometimes surprised I survived them! LOL. Many a time a "quick" trip to Coles Point would take 3 days to get back. Don't know if you knew any of the Stack boys, we had a blast with them too. I've slowed down quite a bit since then, but still love to look at some of the pictures and re-tell the stories of some of my mis-spent youth!! LOL

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Don't know if you knew any of the Stack boys, we had a blast with them too. I've slowed down quite a bit since then,

No..never did. Don't even recognize the name, to be honest. Any connection to the "Stackley" farm by chance?

I hung around with who you'd expect to be around in southern 7D in those days..with Victory and Old Gum being as far "north" as we'd ever go on land unless it was an away dart night.. Haydens, Olivers, Cheseldine, Cather, Gass', Bailey, Quade, Hall..I'm sure I've missed some...but that's the "crew" that we ran the river with and shot darts with back in those days. And as many things we hit or barely missed while running the river back in those days..whew!..yeah I know what you mean about surviving.

Those were the days when we'd pull in to Frank Morris' and wake him up at 2 am....to restock the boat. Of course it wasn't a restaurant back then... LOL

luvmygdaughters

My sister had a friend who ran the Dock of the Bay for awhile. He would always leave a key for us so we could get something to eat on the return trip from Coles Point. Also remember many a time Mary Helen would open that kitchen at Harborview to feed us weary sailors. Good times and great people!!!!