Local Euro

officeguy

If you have a visa or master debit, just pull them from the first regular bank owned ATM at your destination (avoid the money changing place ATMs). Take some cash for backup and shop for the bank with the lowest fee / best rate.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Any bank. They may only have a small amount on hand so you may need to let them know in advance.

I think I recall asking the credit union about that and they said they could, but you basically have to order the currency in advance to they have it on hand.
You can always change in an airport or wait until you are at your destination and use the ATM. But do it from a credit card that has a cash advance option.
As someone mentioned, this method you only get charged the ATM fee for making a withdrawal.

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
yup any bank should, also if you have a CC with no foreign transaction, use that as much as possible. Their rate should be much better....

Goldenhawk

BWI and National airports have currency exchange booths that will sell you whatever currency you want ... For a markup of course.

A few years ago I needed to pay off an automated traffic ticket for a European country that showed up in the mail a couple weeks after I got home, and I didn't want to give them my bank account info. The airport currency exchange method was the only realistic option I found.

molly_21

You can go to AAA with a two day wait and you have to do it in person. The credit unions were about 10 days to order. Also, I know in London they are only take the cards with the chips.