secret ballot

DannyMotorcycle

If you're so cowardly that you want to vote in secret, you don't deserve a vote. If you will not defend who you will vote for, you don't deserve a vote. If you have faith in secret ballots, you don't deserve a vote. The secret ballot is akin to someone flipping a coin, you calling it, the flipper looks at the coin and tells you that you lose, then puts the coin in his pocket.

P.S. I'm glad to only see Trump signs in yards and NO hillary signs.

tommyjo

If you're so cowardly that you want to vote in secret, you don't deserve a vote. If you will not defend who you will vote for, you don't deserve a vote. If you have faith in secret ballots, you don't deserve a vote. The secret ballot is akin to someone flipping a coin, you calling it, the flipper looks at the coin and tells you that you lose, then puts the coin in his pocket.

WTF are you talking about?

The secret ballot exists so that people can vote for who they choose and not be intimidated.

How wonderful...another Trump supporter...another right wing "Patriot"...who doesn't understand the basic rules on which our great country was founded or the basic rules under which it operates today.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think what he's getting at is having the courage of your convictions; and transparency so that the Dems can't pencil-whip Trump and install Hillary as president.

I never have any problem saying who I support, and don't feel intimidated in the least by the hysterical violent Left, although they try their hardest to silence any opposition. They can kiss my ass. I'm going to just start belittling them and screaming in their face to shut them up, like they do to everyone they don't agree with.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I think what he's getting at is having the courage of your convictions; and transparency so that the Dems can't pencil-whip Trump and install Hillary as president.

I never have any problem saying who I support, and don't feel intimidated in the least by the hysterical violent Left, although they try their hardest to silence any opposition. They can kiss my ass. I'm going to just start belittling them and screaming in their face to shut them up, like they do to everyone they don't agree with.

Neither do I, but if I didn't want to discuss it, I'd be kinda' pissed that someone had the audacity to call me "cowardly" about it. Some people don't discuss religion, some sex, and still others don't discuss politics. Some people would rather not have to argue with the useful idiots, who will just end up screaming at them instead of having meaningful discourse. Or, maybe they just don't want to have a discussion about anything with the OP (whom I don't know) because maybe he's a jerk in general. :shrug:

glhs837

Power with Control
Yeah, not sure why the secret ballot is an issue. Given the behavior of the police in San Jose, it's a good thing it's secret. It's not cowardly to not want to get your azz beat 10 or 15 to 1. That's called prudence. The point of the ballot is prevent intimidation, not to allow shenanigans.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yeah, not sure why the secret ballot is an issue. Given the behavior of the police in San Jose, it's a good thing it's secret. It's not cowardly to not want to get your azz beat 10 or 15 to 1. That's called prudence. The point of the ballot is prevent intimidation, not to allow shenanigans.

Surely "they" can record your vote and know who voted for who. And "they" can also change your vote or negate it. Or do whatever they damn well please. Who's going to challenge it?

glhs837

Power with Control
Surely "they" can record your vote and know who voted for who. And "they" can also change your vote or negate it. Or do whatever they damn well please. Who's going to challenge it?

Well, isn't that the point that election commissions and judges are drawn equally from both parties? Which could be the source of Dannys rant. Might some corner of the Trumpopshere has decided that the Ds and R's last best hope to prevent the Trumpocolypse is an unholy alliance in the back rooms of polling places around the country.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Well, isn't that the point that election commissions and judges are drawn equally from both parties? Which could be the source of Dannys rant. Might some corner of the Trumpopshere has decided that the Ds and R's last best hope to prevent the Trumpocolypse is an unholy alliance in the back rooms of polling places around the country.

I don't think that's going to be a problem, they are already killing any chance he had legally and in an open manner.
Last week, Governor Hogan announced he would not vote for Trump. Trump's chances of taking Maryland in the general election were slim, but Hogan killed off even keeping it close.
Likewise, a former national security advisor to Republican presidents said he would not for Trump but would instead vote for Clinton.

And we haven't even gotten to the convention.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

KMA, I like it that way.

Popster

We need PAPER secret ballots. It appears that too many election results seem to go south with Diebold machines/networks. The results are unverifiable and there is lots of evidence of swiped elections. Let them count the vote in each precinct and then report them. There is not need to have the counts available to the networks by 11 pm. Google Diebold and election fraud

DannyMotorcycle

Hogan did not say he wouldn't vote for trump. See the liberal media spinning the truth? What he said was that he didn't plan to vote for trump. There is a difference. I didn't plan to get rained on today. I did get rained on today.