At it again............

O

One Call Power

Bush to date has taken 232 vacation days since taking office......Are we getting the bang for our buck ??????????????

Attachments

• 040807_bushfish_hmed_3p.hmedium.jpeg
    040807_bushfish_hmed_3p.hmedium.jpeg
    20.3 KB · Views: 126
O

One Call Power

Oh and what about this..............

“This is a hospital, but it's also - it's a place full of love. And I was most touched by meeting the parents and the kids and the nurses and the docs, all of whom are working hard to save lives. I want to thank the moms who are here. Thank you very much for you hospitality…There's a lot of talk about budgets right now, and I'm here to talk about the budget. My job as the President is to submit a budget to the Congress and to set priorities, and one of the priorities that we've talked about is making sure the health care systems are funded.” – Egleston Children's Hospital, Atlanta, Georgia 3/1/01

Reality

Bush’s first budget proposed cutting grants to children’s hospitals like the one he visited by 15% ($34 million). His 2004 budget additionally proposes to cut 30% ($86 million) out of grants to children’s hospitals.

Attachments

• caught2.gif
    caught2.gif
    29.3 KB · Views: 83
O

One Call Power

and this...............

“We're dealing with first-time responders to make sure they've got what's needed to be able to respond. “ – Bush, 3/27/2002

Reality

Bush had been saying that he was proposing $3.5 billion in “new” money for first responders. However, his budget tried to cut more than $1 billion out of existing grants to local police/fire departments to fund this. Then, in August of 2002, Bush rejected $150 million for grants to state and local first responders. Bush’s decision prompted the President of the Firefighters Union to say, “President Bush, don't lionize our fallen brothers in one breath, and then stab us in the back by eliminating funding for our members to fight terrorism and stay safe.” The President of the Virginia firefighters association said, “The president has merely been using firefighters and their families for one big photo opportunity.”

Attachments

• caught3.gif
    caught3.gif
    26.2 KB · Views: 77
O

One Call Power

and this.......

Under the headline “Bush lauds Albuquerque woman for volunteerism” the AP reported on Bush’s visit to New Mexico to tout Lucy Salazar, a volunteer with the Even Start literacy program. “One of the things I try to do when I go into communities is herald soldiers in the armies of compassion, those souls who have heard the call to love a neighbor like you'd like to be loved yourself, and have followed through on that call; Lucy Salazar is a retired federal government worker. She teaches reading skills to pre-kindergarten and kindergarten children -- incredibly important…And oftentimes, citizens such as her never get the praise they deserve. Lucy, thank you for coming and representing thousands of people like you.” - Bush, 4/29/02

Reality

According to the Associated Press, Bush proposed “to slash funding 20 percent for the Even Start program, which offers tutoring to preschoolers and literacy and job training for their parents” – the very program he was touting in New Mexico [2/4/02].

Attachments

• caught5.gif
    caught5.gif
    30.2 KB · Views: 75

Toxick

Splat
Re: What ?

Originally posted by One Call Power
How did you know almost a year ?

Right over here
<-----------

I also know that you've posted 5 times (at the time I post this) and you are located Nowhere.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Re: What ?

How did you know almost a year ?
She's psychic like that....the all knowing and powerful Jazzinator. :dance:

ylexot

Super Genius
Bush to date has taken 232 vacation days since taking office......Are we getting the bang for our buck ??????????????
Source? Does this include the times he was in Crawford, TX meeting with foreign leaders or the times he was in Camp David in meetings with his cabinet?