Lost dachshund/mix

littlelady

God bless the USA
In St. Leonard/Broomes Island side around Williams Wharf, Kings Road area. Our neighbor's renter is dog sitting a dachshund/mix named Oakley. He just ran off after a deer about half hour ago. He only has a rabies tag and is not chipped. Just putting this out there on the chance someone here may see him. My hub is out helping the girl look for the dog. I will try to get a phone number to contact if found.

Edit: Apparently, Oakley ripped his collar off when he ran. So, no collar at all. :frown:

The number to contact is: 410-476-7716

Here is a pic of Oakley. He looks to be part Beagle.

Attachments

• oakley.png
    oakley.png
    27.8 KB · Views: 344
Last edited:

Roman

I saw this on Southern Maryland Lost & Found Pets. I hope he's been found. IMO, it is SO important that people get their animals chipped, making sure the chip is registered with all of the updated, or correct information on it. Name tags are a good thing too. My pups tags were wearing out, and I went to Pet Co and got two that are engraved in the store by you. Up to four lines can be done on both sides. One side I put The dog's name, next line I put "seizures", and the last line I put, "Chipped". On the other side, I put three phone numbers. It cost $8.99 each. A small price to pay for your piece of mind. I saw on face book that the dog has been found.

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA
I saw this on Southern Maryland Lost & Found Pets. I hope he's been found. IMO, it is SO important that people get their animals chipped, making sure the chip is registered with all of the updated, or correct information on it. Name tags are a good thing too. My pups tags were wearing out, and I went to Pet Co and got two that are engraved in the store by you. Up to four lines can be done on both sides. One side I put The dog's name, next line I put "seizures", and the last line I put, "Chipped". On the other side, I put three phone numbers. It cost $8.99 each. A small price to pay for your piece of mind. I saw on face book that the dog has been found.

I just saw you posted that Oakley was found. :lol: The pet sitter was extremely lucky that the dog was found. Sheesh! Hub was out looking until 11:30 pm last night. Tromping through the woods and creeks with his running headlamp on his head! He didn't eat his dinner until midnight.

As far as chips and tags, we have done the same as you. Also, got tags at Petco.

Roman

Bless your husband's heart that he would go out of his way for an animal. It was said that Oakley broke from his collar that has a rabies tag on it. Owner information can be found through calling the Vet hospital that it came from. I swear by the collars at Pepper's Pet Pantry that are made out of a very durable material and the clasp is hard plastic. I wish I could remember the name of the collar (Tuff Lock?). Maybe FF will chime in. You can bathe the pup with the collar on. Which is a good thing, because knowing my luck, if the collar was off while she was drying, my dog would get lost. The month of July, more animals are reported missing more than any other month of the year. So check with your micro-chip company, making sure all information is correct, and make sure their name tags are not wearing down.

Last edited: