Skin care routine for pore reduction

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Being on the road made my face a disaster - my pores were like dinner plates. I'm pretty sure it's mostly because of being out in the sun a lot, even though I wear sunscreen on my face, and the changes in water quality. So after some trial and error, I think this is my final answer:

Take off makeup with micellar water (I used the Simple towelettes); wash with Biore charcoal cleanser; tone with Say Yes to Tomatoes facial towelettes; moisturize with a touch of pure olive oil. All are cheap and available at Target, and this has made an enormous difference in the texture and appearance of my skin in just a week.

Don't advise me to stay out of the sun - I'm not going to do that. I'm a sun baby and skin cancer be damned.

Also, chlorine and sun were goofing up my hair, so I started deep conditioning with Garnier Fructis Damage Eraser and that made it smooth and soft again.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Also, I got a sample of makeup setting spray in my Birchbox - this one was by Coola - and it really does work. I'd never tried it before because I just thought it was some new way for cosmetic companies to get me to part with more money, but it really does keep your makeup on your face all day, even in 95* weather.

KassadiXX

It seems to me that you need to use an SPF cream and spend less time in the sun and take control of your health.

Ronaldhutchins

Hmm, of course, you're best off hiding from the sun and putting on a lot of SPF cream. But I can still advise you to contact a beautician to help you remove the flaws that really bother you. A couple of months ago, I completed courses at one school https://www.nwcollege.edu/programs/advanced-aesthetics, and now you can remove age spots with a laser. So it is quite possible that you need to see a beautician and you don't have to hide from the sun.

Last edited:
I was hoping for some good tips on how to not be as pore as I am now. Was disappointed....
You could always stand at the corner of Hollywood Birdie's (formally Burchmart) wearing a Speedo and bucket in hand singing, "If you want my body, and you think I'm sexy, come on baby let me know!" 🤷

Breakfast mental visual for all. YRW.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
You could always stand at the corner of Hollywood Birdie's (formally Burchmart) wearing a Speedo and bucket in hand singing, "If you want my body, and you think I'm sexy, come on baby let me know!" 🤷

Breakfast mental visual for all. YRW.
I tried that. Nothing but fail. Did have one nice lady come by with a blanket and a $10 bill..said I could have the money if I covered up with the blanket. Guess she thought I was cold.

KassadiXX

Thank you for sharing! I will follow your suggestions. I have started to spend considerably more time on my skin care. It is because I am not young as before, and I need to pay more attention to my skin if I want to keep it young for a longer period. Last year I found a clinique that provides Facelift Toronto services. I am thinking of getting such cosmetic surgery. In my opinion, it is the only method that will help me to get rid of my sagging skin and have a younger look on my face.

Last edited: