The Copa...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...anyone give a crap?

We, the US, simply are nowhere near that level yet. That level of play, man, they're so good.

It's fair that Chile won. They out played Argentina the whole game and still Argentina had a couple of shots to have won it. I enjoy watching it at this level.

Chris0nllyn

...anyone give a crap?

We, the US, simply are nowhere near that level yet. That level of play, man, they're so good.

It's fair that Chile won. They out played Argentina the whole game and still Argentina had a couple of shots to have won it. I enjoy watching it at this level.

I watched the first 2 US games. US just looked like a JV team compared to Argentina.

Our friend from Germany is in town so we've been watching the Euro.

To answer your question: I did not know what the Copa was when I clicked on this thread. I do know, of course, because of Google.

Clem72

So how is it that our women's team is the best in the world, and our men's team is one of the worst?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
So how is it that our women's team is the best in the world, and our men's team is one of the worst?

Our men have the NBA, the NFL, baseball, hockey and all sorts of other sports they can get paid and/or get an education out of that our women do not. At least nowhere to the same level.

If you have any talent in Argentina at their football, you're working at that from an early age on and there aren't the options.

I always wondered what an NHL team filled with Walter Paytons and Jim Browns would look like. Same for soccer.

That doesn't answer whether you care or not! :lol:

It answered whether I gave a crap when you asked that question.

But for the record, I still don't give a crap. :lol:

EDIT: I should add... but to the extent it provides happiness or fulfillment for others, I'm (generically) happy as pie about it. :smile:

Midnightrider

...anyone give a crap?

worst final ever.....
I hate a 0-0 tie for 120 minutes and then deciding the entire tourney based on penalty shots. It makes no sense. Not to mention the ref was the star of the first half and pretty much the only guy to have an affect on the game.

I enjoy soccer, and a 1-2 game can be one of the most exciting events to watch, but that game last night only had one or two moments where it either team even came close to scoring.

that being said, i cared and watched most of the games.

Clem72

Our men have the NBA, the NFL, baseball, hockey and all sorts of other sports they can get paid and/or get an education out of that our women do not. At least nowhere to the same level.

If you have any talent in Argentina at their football, you're working at that from an early age on and there aren't the options.

I always wondered what an NHL team filled with Walter Paytons and Jim Browns would look like. Same for soccer.

Fair point, though I would think that women's soccer has less opportunities than WPGA, WNBA, and Softball, so it should suffer the same problem to a lesser extent. But maybe that isn't the case.

Now I have an image in my head of US hockey teams poaching 30 year old Cubans to play on their 14 and under kids leagues.