Commuter Bus - Buy 10 trip pass on the bus?

ktrwe

I haven't taken the commuter bus in years. Can you still buy a 10 trip pass on the bus or is the only option a one way fare? I am taking the 850 bus if that matters.

TIA

MDGator

Yes but I believe the current rate is $50 for Zone 3. You can buy them online or at a MTA store location (not sure about on the bus)

sasquatch

I haven't taken the commuter bus in years. Can you still buy a 10 trip pass on the bus or is the only option a one way fare? I am taking the 850 bus if that matters.

TIA

You cannot purchase the punch passes on the bus anymore. That stopped a few years ago. You will either need to purchase them online or at one of the in town kiosks. You will need to contact MTA to determine where the kiosks are in town. You should also be aware that there is no savings on the punch passes. They just can be simpler than having exact change. Also, if you are leaving from Dunkirk, that is zone 2 which is less expensive than zone 3. Punch passes also have expiration dates so if you will not be riding often that might be a concern. If you will be riding often and on average 17 days a month or more, the monthly pass will be more cost effective.

ShyGirl

In St Marys and Charles counties, the bus numbers changed when the contract was split between Keller and Martz. You may want to make sure that bus number still goes where you need to go.

You can buy tickets online at the MTA Commuter Connections website.

There used to be commuter bus info at the St Mary's Visitor Center in Charlotte Hall. Not sure if they sell tickets there.

steppinthrax

Depends on what you are trying to do, if you are planning to use the bus the whole month, Id get a monthly pass. It only comes out to 136 and is a cheaper option if you plan to get 2 or 3 10-trip passes.