Explosions reported at Instanbul's Airport

Initial news report says 10 dead, 60 injured. 2 perps blew themselves up when approached by police.

Hijinx

Initial news report says 10 dead, 60 injured. 2 perps blew themselves up when approached by police.

Pretty sure they weren't Muslims. probably Christian terrorists. ------------------------------------yeah.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

Just another homophobic mass shooting.. nothing to see here.. move along..

Ban Guns... Ban Guns... Ban Guns..

TheLibertonian

But they're muslims killing muslims (mostly). I'm suprised any of you give a damn since you're happy to see muslims slaughtered in their home countries just so long as it doesn't happen here.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
But they're muslims killing muslims (mostly). I'm suprised any of you give a damn since you're happy to see muslims slaughtered in their home countries just so long as it doesn't happen here.

So the ONLY people at an international airport in Istanbul would be Muslims?? Hike up your skirt, your racism is showing..

glhs837

Power with Control

Ah no, we are pretty much okay with slaughtering evil Muslims. The peaceful ones that are not slaughtering other Muslims and or Christians, gays, or old statues, or taking women captive for mass rape, pretty much don't care what they do. The evil ones, go right ahead, depopulate the crap out of them.

TheLibertonian

Ah no, we are pretty much okay with slaughtering evil Muslims. The peaceful ones that are not slaughtering other Muslims and or Christians, gays, or old statues, or taking women captive for mass rape, pretty much don't care what they do. The evil ones, go right ahead, depopulate the crap out of them.

But GLHs, it has been argued, repeatedly, by many poster here, that you cannot tell the difference. That since we cannot tell the difference, the safe way is to assume they are all "evil muslims" until they can prove innocence; although of course, the people here have also argued that there is a global and absolute muslim conspiracy to destroy the west supported by all muslims.

Frankly, I applaud GURPS. He isn't afraid and he isn't a hypocrite. He gladly supports the slaughter. I find that refreshing, to see someone with the moral fortitude not to be a hypocrite.

Last edited:

glhs837

Power with Control
But GLHs, it has been argued, repeatedly, by many poster here, that you cannot tell the difference. That since we cannot tell the difference, the safe way is to assume they are all "evil muslims" until they can prove innocence; although of course, the people here have also argued that there is a global and absolute muslim conspiracy to destroy the west supported by all muslims.

Methinks you are doing what you often do, trying to inflate a small number of things into a much larger thing. I think a poll here would show more think my way than the way you describe. And you are confusing the position folks hold towards unvetted Muslim immigrants from war zones with how folks view Muslims in general that are staying over there, not seeking to come here

TheLibertonian

Methinks you are doing what you often do, trying to inflate a small number of things into a much larger thing. I think a poll here would show more think my way than the way you describe. And you are confusing the position folks hold towards unvetted Muslim immigrants from war zones with how folks view Muslims in general that are staying over there, not seeking to come here

If we lock them in their war torn country and they get killed = safety for us and a positive.

If they get killed at an airport = tragedy(?)

And how do we know none of the muslims at that airport weren't on their way to the U.S.?

How can we vet any muslim from any country? Are you saying Saudi Arabia is likely to be honest with us about the intentions of someone?

This_person

If we lock them in their war torn country and they get killed = safety for us and a positive.

And how do we know none of the muslims at that airport weren't on their way to the U.S.?

How can we vet any muslim from any country? Are you saying Saudi Arabia is likely to be honest with us about the intentions of someone?

So, your argument now is that we can't vet anyone?

glhs837

Power with Control

Not that Turkey is a war torn country with thousands of folks trying to gain refuge status, but to your points. I do feel for the innocents suffering wherever ISIS is doing it's thing. And those in Syria stuck between who knows how many factions fighting Assad for power. Am I willing to put US lives at risk here, knowing full well that the people committing those atrocities would not hesitate for a second to fill a refugee stream with as many evil Muslins as possible to strike at us? Hell no. You can vet folks from a country with an intact infrastructure, even without trusting the govt involved. But you certainly cannot vet anyone from Syria, nor from most of Iraq.

I drop stuff off at the homeless shelter, and make cash donations. Do I drive around inviting homeless people to my house? Hell no.

This_person

I find that refreshing, to see someone with the moral fortitude not to be a hypocrite.
Does this mean that you are going to start paying more than the bare-minimum you can pay in taxes, or that you are going to stop suggesting other people not follow the tax laws which allow them to pay less in taxes?

TheLibertonian

Not that Turkey is a war torn country with thousands of folks trying to gain refuge status, but to your points. I do feel for the innocents suffering wherever ISIS is doing it's thing. And those in Syria stuck between who knows how many factions fighting Assad for power. Am I willing to put US lives at risk here, knowing full well that the people committing those atrocities would not hesitate for a second to fill a refugee stream with as many evil Muslins as possible to strike at us? Hell no. You can vet folks from a country with an intact infrastructure, even without trusting the govt involved. But you certainly cannot vet anyone from Syria, nor from most of Iraq.

I drop stuff off at the homeless shelter, and make cash donations. Do I drive around inviting homeless people to my house? Hell no.

The southern end of turkey is full of Syrian refugees.

And I mean, if you want to throw it down and say you don't value all life equally, that american lives are in fact flat out worth more then foreign lives, then good on you, I admire that. I may not agree with it but I admire someone who doesn't sit there and cry crocodile tears when less then a few weeks ago they were calling for all muslims to be put under FBI surveillance under suspicion of being muslim. Not that YOU were but other people on this forum certainly were.

And again, I admire GURPS in this sense because he isn't being a hypocrite.

I would like to also put in play that the Saudi Arabians were the ones who did 9/11, and we knew it, we know it, and we can't and won't do anything about it. So much for vetting.

glhs837

Power with Control
Not "worth more" inherently. But as an American, to me, Americans are my family, while other nationalities are members of my extended family that incudes all of humanity, including the societally insane ones that are the basis of this conversation. Do I value my sons life more than say his cousins life? Or my sons life more than my own? How about mine over my nephews? Placing values on lives just begs for folks to lie. Would I take a lethal injection needle to save the lives of some villagers in North Korea? Who knows. Easy to say all lives matter equally. Not so easy to act that. Am I boxing up every bite of food in my house above 1,200 calories a day so we can send it to Venezuela? Nope.

PsyOps

Pixelated
And I mean, if you want to throw it down and say you don't value all life equally, that american lives are in fact flat out worth more then foreign lives, then good on you, I admire that.

This is really getting silly. The #1 responsibility of our government is to provide for a national defense TO FIRST PROTECT AMERICANS! In fact, we have no responsibility to foreign nations and their protection at all. We do it because we are a compassionate country, and at great cost in American lives; but certainly have not mandate to do so. It's not a matter of placing our lives more valuable than others, it's a matter of priority in first providing for out own protection; then we can think about others, IF our compassion leads us there.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I would like to also put in play that the Saudi Arabians were the ones who did 9/11, and we knew it, we know it, and we can't and won't do anything about it.

Pretty sickening, that. It's amazing, to me, the total pass we give the Saudi family.