New Windshield Needed

Driving up 235 this morning, windscreen cracks. Not sure if I took a rock or not, but the crack is pretty long. Drove up to where Autolite glass used to be on GMR, no longer there. Did a quick google, nearest glass shop seems to be Tri County in the Park, but I don't know anything about them.

So, looking for recommendations from anyone on a local shop, or experience with mobile glass replacement. It's for a '14 GMC Sierra.

Grumpy

Driving up 235 this morning, windscreen cracks. Not sure if I took a rock or not, but the crack is pretty long. Drove up to where Autolite glass used to be on GMR, no longer there. Did a quick google, nearest glass shop seems to be Tri County in the Park, but I don't know anything about them.

So, looking for recommendations from anyone on a local shop, or experience with mobile glass replacement. It's for a '14 GMC Sierra.

Safelite, give them a call, one of the easiest companies I have ever dealt with. One call and they worked it out with insurance company and replaced my windshield in the parking lot at work the next day.

lovinmaryland

Safelite, give them a call, one of the easiest companies I have ever dealt with. One call and they worked it out with insurance company and replaced my windshield in the parking lot at work the next day.

Another vote for safelite. I've used them several times and have been pleased. Check w/ your insurance company because it is covered under comprehensive so your deductible could be minimal (mines $50) and its a no fault claim.

glhs837

Power with Control
My insurance company has a deal with a mobile Safelite operation, they come to your home or office and replace the windshield right there.

I have a $200 comprehensive deductible. Depending on the total cost I probably won't even contact the insurance company. Last time I talked to them about something and didn't file a claim, they 'noted it in my file' and my rates went up.

I was more concerned about post-install issues, like leaks or glue smears.

golf_nut0

I went with "The Glass Man" www.theglassmanbdr.com.... Safelite quoted me $420 to have it done either in their shop or my house..... Glass Man was well below that and was able to get it done sooner. I don't use insurance for windshield repair / replacement. Not worth the money spent each month for something that I might not ever use.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
+1 for safelite. Ive had both a replacement and repairs (235 is disaster zone for windshields) and it has been wonderful. They come to your work or wherever you are and have it done pronto, will even vaccume out your car. No leaks or issues. Even the repair they did is barely noticeable and has held.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I have a $200 comprehensive deductible. Depending on the total cost I probably won't even contact the insurance company. Last time I talked to them about something and didn't file a claim, they 'noted it in my file' and my rates went up.

I was more concerned about post-install issues, like leaks or glue smears.
Then you don't need a new windshield, you need a new insurance company.

I went with "The Glass Man" www.theglassmanbdr.com.... Safelite quoted me $420 to have it done either in their shop or my house..... Glass Man was well below that and was able to get it done sooner. I don't use insurance for windshield repair / replacement. Not worth the money spent each month for something that I might not ever use.

Google showed them on Pegg Road, but I couldn't find them when I was up there. Called, and he said they have gone completely mobile with no storefront. Between no store and high volume, they can offer very competitive rates, less than half of Safelite. They will be coming out Friday afternoon to the house.

Thanx!

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
I love Safelite. They are actually coming out to my work this Thursday to repair a chip from a rock. Cost is $0.