Matt Damon calls for U.S. to ban guns ‘in one fell swoop’

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Matt Damon calls for U.S. to ban guns ‘in one fell swoop’

Hollywood actor Matt Damon used a press conference in Australia over the Fourth of July weekend to discuss his desire for a massive confiscation of U.S. guns.

“You guys did it here in one fell swoop [in 1996] and I wish that could happen in my country, but it’s such a personal issue for people that we cannot talk about it sensibly,” Mr. Damon said during a promotional engagement in Sydney for the movie “Jason Bourne.”

The action star went on to say people get too “emotional” when it comes to “not selling AK47s to people on terror watchlists.”

Bonehead

Does anyone give a fat rat's behind what some over paid hollywood puke says about anything ? Matt STFU and do your job.

glhs837

Power with Control
Odd that he thinks the emotions precluding logical discussion are all on one side :) Note also the trigger word "sensibly". Because if you don't agree with his position, you are not talking sensibly. Would love to talk to him about terror watchlists. Want to bet he has not the faintest clue as to how you get on one? Nor that you are never told you are on one, and that there is no defined way to get off of one you are placed on by mistake? And could he provide examples of anyone selling AK-47s to people who are on a watchlist?

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I always wonder how much the celebs have been paid to promote crap like this. I wish someone would ask them, so we could see what their reaction is.

glhs837

Power with Control
I always wonder how much the celebs have been paid to promote crap like this. I wish someone would ask them, so we could see what their reaction is.

Paid? Not at all. Just result of living in a huge liberal echo chamber where everybody thinks the same.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Paid? Not at all. Just result of living in a huge liberal echo chamber where everybody thinks the same.

I'd like to think that, but somehow I just don't think they're all about spreading the love for free. I just don't.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

You know, I never really thought about that but it does ring true. Makes perfect sense that these shills were hired to promote an agenda. Listening to them talk, there's not much chance their two braincells miraculously came together and formed an independent thought.

I think it's highly likely they're on the payroll.

warneckutz

Interesting, tho, that his job generally promotes the use of guns. Like the Bourne series.

Exactly...

You know, I never really thought about that but it does ring true. Makes perfect sense that these shills were hired to promote an agenda. Listening to them talk, there's not much chance their two braincells miraculously came together and formed an independent thought.

I think it's highly likely they're on the payroll.

"Push my agenda, we'll help your tax situation each year..."

glhs837

Power with Control
It's his constitutional right to free speech ,you are allowed your say he can have his.

don't think anyone advocated restricting his speech, just pondered how he can spout such nonsense with a straight face and complete ignorance of facts.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
and I have a right to never pay for any of his movies again

Yet another celebrity that I wouldn't know from Adam... I suppose if he feels as strongly about this issue as it appears, that he shouldn't own any. :shrug:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
and I have a right to never pay for any of his movies again

Most of our entertainers are intellectual morons. I think of them like I think of my dog: I enjoy his antics and he is highly entertaining - love him with all my heart - but I'm not going to listen to his opinions on social issues or world politics.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Most of our entertainers are intellectual morons. I think of them like I think of my dog: I enjoy his antics and he is highly entertaining - love him with all my heart - but I'm not going to listen to his opinions on social issues or world politics.

There it is. It's always been amusing to me that (mostly) poorly educated pretty-people believe that their success as actors somehow imparts them with a new wisdom when it comes to state and foreign affairs. They have an opinion..and it's worth exactly what the average Joe's is.

There it is. It's always been amusing to me that (mostly) poorly educated pretty-people believe that their success as actors somehow imparts them with a new wisdom when it comes to state and foreign affairs. They have an opinion..and it's worth less what the average Joe's is.

Sorry. I don't give most actors that much credit. The average Joe is more informed and not biased by Hollyweird.