Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tim's at Coles Point

Tim's at Coles Point

Finally had the opportunity to stop by Coles Point Marina and try the latest incarnation of their restaurant since Anne and Chris (dba AC's) left. Fortunately, we were not disappointed.

Had a range of different seafood from blackened rockfish fillets,crab cakes, scallops, crab dip, fried calamari...etc. Definitely a seafood sampler. Didn't try their crab legs...no sense inviting disappointment since those all come from the same place, frozen the same way.

Nothing particularly stood out....but nothing failed either. The fish was prepared perfectly. Lots of hush puppies came with the entres. They were OK too.

$178 total for six adults, including a few beers. We'll definitely be going back.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

I was there last weekend. My first time. Then to Rick's down the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseRed View Post
    I was there last weekend. My first time. Then to Rick's down the road.
    Rick's?
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Maybe the wrong Tim's. I was at Tim's 2.
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

Maybe the wrong Tim's. I was at Tim's 2.
    One of these "Tim's"?

http://timsrivershore.com/locations/

The Tim's at Coles Point is not referenced or identified on the web site, but I have to wonder if there is a connection. It would help explain why the food was decent..

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    One of these "Tim's"?

http://timsrivershore.com/locations/

The Tim's at Coles Point is not referenced or identified on the web site, but I have to wonder if there is a connection. It would help explain why the food was decent..
    Yes, I was at Tim's II. I have been to the one in Dumfries because I had friends that lived right there. I'm not sure of the one you are referencing.

I'm not sure of the one you are referencing.
    LOL..what? It's right there in my subject line: "Tim's at Coles Point". The original subject of this tread. Or, you meant "not sure of the affiliation"?

Does seem odd that a new restaurant on the same shore would open with that name and not be connected somehow. Maybe it's a "test period" kind of thing.
    Last edited by Gilligan; 07-09-2016 at 10:40 AM.

LOL..what? It's right there in my subject line: "Tim's at Coles Point". The original subject of this tread.
    You have to forgive her..... blonde, ya know....
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

LOL..what? It's right there in my subject line: "Tim's at Coles Point". The original subject of this tread. Or, you meant "not sure of the affiliation"?

Does seem odd that a new restaurant on the same shore would open with that name and not be connected somehow. Maybe it's a "test period" kind of thing.
    The affiliation.
    Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post

Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post
    oh. Well. Thanks for the heads-up, GW. I'll use smaller words from now on..or sumthin'..

:ducksandcovers:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.