Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ignore needs to be upgraded

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    I don't get it. I've been riled by a few on here over the years, but it's never made me want to put any of them on ignore.
    its not that they get me riled so much as they make no significant contribution to the discussion. They're trolling, and I'd rather get to the meat of a discussion, and not have to weed through the nonsense. Most of the time I don't even read who has made a post. I just read/respond. At least with the current ignore feature, I don't have to weed.

Quote Originally Posted by mAlice View Post

They're trolling, and I'd rather get to the meat of a discussion, and not have to weed through the nonsense.

its the same individuals with the same bull#### thread after thread after thread
    Weíre tempted to suggest a conspiracy here ó but itís just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply canít conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

Lurking in the background in flat, humid Fl
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    I don't get it. I've been riled by a few on here over the years, but it's never made me want to put any of them on ignore.
    I don't ignore anybody - you can lose some priceless material. I certainly don't bother to read much of the worthless crap, though. Usually the only things that get quoted are the ones that need to be laughed at right back at 'em.
    "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress." John Adams

Blog Entries
    What really needs to be upgraded is my ability to limit posters to starting x-number of threads per day. That way some people (and you know who you are) will have to be more judicious about what they post rather than grabbing every stupid headline from every stupid blog and spamming up the forum with it.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    What really needs to be upgraded is my ability to limit posters to starting x-number of threads per day. That way some people (and you know who you are) will have to be more judicious about what they post rather than grabbing every stupid headline from every stupid blog and spamming up the forum with it.
    That would be a welcome upgrade. Maybe some kind of quota system?
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Or.. as an admin... you could exercise your authority and just warn said posters that they will be penalized if they do not adhere to said thread limits.

If they do not follow... you boot them. Seems simple enough.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Restitution View Post
    Or.. as an admin... you could exercise your authority and just warn said posters that they will be penalized if they do not adhere to said thread limits.

If they do not follow... you boot them. Seems simple enough.
    Then they just get a new account and start all over again. I've done this dance before.

Posting obsessively seems to keep them occupied, so what the heck. I think of it as saving some wife an ass beating, or a dog from being kicked.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Lurking in the background in flat, humid Fl
    Then they just get a new account and start all over again. I've done this dance before.

Posting obsessively seems to keep them occupied, so what the heck. I think of it as saving some wife an ass beating, or a dog from being kicked.
    But what about the boy's boyfriend, or it's Candy Crowley blow up doll?
    "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress." John Adams

Donkey Smell
    Please!

And without their posting the forums would be near dead because that's about the only thing going anymore.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.